FinalImpact (OP)
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Are you near the path?

Looks like the 2017 Eclipse will be near. Lots of hype about our state increasing head count by 25% and well, our infrastructure is not going to handle this so well.

Without moving an inch I'll be in 99.94% totality...
    Hopefully power and others nice to have things keep working but I can envision loss of most forms of data / communication on the day 2017-08-21 as the media content streaming from the west coast overloads our grid and grinds to a halt...

Check this out:
    A tool, where you can put in your zip code to see how much eclipse "coverage" you'll get. Should be cool to see from everywhere. But you gotta get your eclipse glasses.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...nteractive-map
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

2. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
    Likes Cloggy liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Are you near the path?

Lucky you! Of course I assume you'll move over 35 miles(or so) to get the max totality 99.9 doesn't get the effect. I just hope I'll have clear weather. I'll have to travel about 200 miles but I think it'll be worth it. Good luck.

4. Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by major tom View Post
    Lucky you! Of course I assume you'll move over 35 miles(or so) to get the max totality 99.9 doesn't get the effect. I just hope I'll have clear weather. I'll have to travel about 200 miles but I think it'll be worth it. Good luck.
    To your point: http://eclipse2017.org/blog/2017/02/...s-obscuration/

As I have obligations here and leaving will mean being stuck elsewhere for 30hrs... ouch! But I hear you!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still remember the one from '99, on the other side of the pond https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_...ugust_11,_1999
    2004 FZ6 with R6 Fork and brakes, Leo Vince SBK Carbon Exhaust, Venhill SS Race brake lines

7. Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm renting an RV with some friends and taking the drive from New York. 2000 miles round trip. I would take the bike, but way to difficult to plan weather this far ahead. In addition its going to be way to dangerous with that many people on the road.
    Found out NASCAR is racing in Bristol Tennessee that weekend so got tickets to the race.

9. Likes FinalImpact, Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A buddy of mine and I are using the Eclipse as a good reason to go on an 8 day moto adventure. Blue Ridge Parkway through Virginia, amazing twisties in Western NC, over to Tennessee for my favorite (Cherohala Skyway and Tail of the Dragon), then down to West Columbia, SC to stay with a friend and (weather permitting) view about 2.5 minutes of totality. Been planning this ride since I first heard about the eclipse last summer!

If you miss this one, there's another in 2024. Not too early to start planning a ride!
    2005 Silver FZ6 | Dual LED headlights |Yamaha LED blinkers| 12V/USB power socket |Cheap eBay Frame Sliders| Bikemaster Superbike bar w/risers | MotoDynamic Smoke tail light | FE | Puig Racing screen - Dark Smoke | Spencer-ized stock seat | 38K Miles and counting

11. Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

This url from NASA is pretty cool... take a look...
    https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/sites/d...map/index.html

And all you travelers be safe....
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

13. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
    Likes Ohendo liked this post
    Vrrroooooom! Are you near the path? Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R. We are too far away for a good effect but I always load up on extra pork n beans in case the lectric n inerweb goes down...

By the way thank you for the meteor shower info. Lisa and I will be headed out to a great spot (high desert) to see the showers.

Also for those who may not catch the eclipse... perseid meteor shower 2017 How to watch 2017's Perseid meteors | Tonight | EarthSky
    Last edited by Motogiro; 08-07-2017 at 10:11 PM.
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

15. Thanks FinalImpact thanked for this post
    Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We love pork n beans...

Burning fossil fuel and loving it!!

17. Likes FinalImpact, Motogiro liked this post
    FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wazp View Post
    We love pork n beans...
    Reminds me of this:
    Are you near the path?-20170509_141424-jpg
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

19. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
    Likes Motogiro liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast