Wingnuts: Why Goldwing owners SUCK!

Messy

Reaction score
Visit site
Lazyboy. Thats what I call gigantic cruisers with 2 tons of chrome, those gynecologist footrests, suitcase sized saddlebags, AC, cd player...you get the picture.

Anyways, today as I drove my car home from work(a bright green convertible blaring heavy metal) I come up to an intersection that I frequent in my hometown. Im on the main road and to my right is a some what rundown shopping center. Also to my right are three bikers in the exiting lane waiting to pull right onto the main road.

The leader of the pack is a small framed man in his 40's with with a baby blue polo shirt, khaki shorts, and what I can only assume are penny loafers. Attached to his shiny new 3/4 helmet is a helicopter pilot styled headset. He was sitting atop of a brand new Honda Goldwing with all the spaceship-esque styling and big rig chrome you would expect from such a bike.

I should have known to prepare for stupidity to follow after seeing the leader of this pack's feet scuffing frantically against the pavement as he struggled to stop his own bike. After seeing the fear in his eyes I dared not look away.

With him was a woman, and in the back of the pack was an obese man in similar atire. All of them on brand new Goldwings. The leader and the woman behind him pull out of the shopping center and head on there merry way.

Just then the light turns green and I start to drive keeping my eyes on the fatman and his two wheeled RV. Without even glancing my way he pulls right out in front of me not noticing my crayola green convertible with the top down blaring Avenged Sevenfold. He heard my horn though and he spaztically jerked the bike to the right almost running onto the slightly elevated sidewalk and into pedestrians.

These are no doubt the same oblivious snobby and soft cagers that pull out in front of me in their Lexus' and BMW's when I'm riding without care or consequence. WINGNUTS AND LAZYBOYS MAKE ME SICK! Thanks for reading, I feel better. Cheers

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Lazyboy. Thats what I call gigantic cruisers with 2 tons of chrome, those gynecologist footrests, suitcase sized saddlebags, AC, cd player...you get the picture.

Anyways, today as I drove my car home from work(a bright green convertible blaring heavy metal) I come up to an intersection that I frequent in my hometown. Im on the main road and to my right is a some what rundown shopping center. Also to my right are three bikers in the exiting lane waiting to pull right onto the main road.

The leader of the pack is a small framed man in his 40's with with a baby blue polo shirt, khaki shorts, and what I can only assume are penny loafers. Attached to his shiny new 3/4 helmet is a helicopter pilot styled headset. He was sitting atop of a brand new Honda Goldwing with all the spaceship-esque styling and big rig chrome you would expect from such a bike.

I should have known to prepare for stupidity to follow after seeing the leader of this pack's feet scuffing frantically against the pavement as he struggled to stop his own bike. After seeing the fear in his eyes I dared not look away.

With him was a woman, and in the back of the pack was an obese man in similar atire. All of them on brand new Goldwings. The leader and the woman behind him pull out of the shopping center and head on there merry way.

Just then the light turns green and I start to drive keeping my eyes on the fatman and his two wheeled RV. Without even glancing my way he pulls right out in front of me not noticing my crayola green convertible with the top down blaring Avenged Sevenfold. He heard my horn though and he spaztically jerked the bike to the right almost running onto the slightly elevated sidewalk and into pedestrians.

These are no doubt the same oblivious snobby and soft cagers that pull out in front of me in their Lexus' and BMW's when I'm riding without care or consequence. WINGNUTS AND LAZYBOYS MAKE ME SICK! Thanks for reading, I feel better. Cheers

Lmao that sure was some good venting :Flash:

awesoms

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually my Dad(who rides a wing) is an everyday workaholic that rides whenever he gets the chance. I understand the frustration....but lets not sterotype here.

btw -I actually had a chance to ride one last weekend for a friend who bought one in Aztec, NM, but needed someone to pick it up for him. Not everday you see a 132 lb 23 yr old piloting one of these. And yes, reverse is a good thing :)

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
NO, lets stereotype. I vented on my thread about digitally punching people in the face, and my post got deleted. If you can keep your venting on this site and voice your opinion without it being removed, go for it. screw goldwingers

Bruce McCrary

RDY2GO!
Reaction score
rdytogo.blogspot.com
Yeah, it's sooo easy to be jealous of such a fine work of engineering genius and luxury that with the right rider aboard can smoke a sport bike in the twisties...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo[/ame]

Yes, that scraping sound you hear are the boards dragging.

Bruce

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oddly, I also had a bike run a stop sign and pull out right in front of me today. Wasn't a Goldwing, but some naked sporty bike, the pilot had long flowing blond hair and (once she passed me) a really, really nice tuckus. Couldn't get her to stop and talk, though... :(

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it's sooo easy to be jealous of such a fine work of engineering genius and luxury that with the right rider aboard can smoke a sport bike in the twisties...

Yes, that scraping sound you hear are the boards dragging.

Bruce

Holy Cow! Thats insane! I had no idea they could go like that!

Bruce McCrary

RDY2GO!
Reaction score
rdytogo.blogspot.com
With out a doubt, the 1800 'Wing is one of the finest bikes of our era. Smooth, abundant power, handles like a dream, some of the best brakes I've ever experianced, and you can ride them forever. I personally know of over a dozen 1500's and almost that many 1800's with over 300,000 miles on them and the only engine 'repairs' were timing belt replacment on the 15's.

This will give you an idea of how smooth. I've done this myself on showroom bikes many times.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ltreXdBlC4]YouTube - Honda Valkyrie Nickel Test[/ame]

Bruce

Bruce McCrary

RDY2GO!
Reaction score
rdytogo.blogspot.com
I dont care if your 2 wheels are peddle or goldwing, but damn is that a nice looking road.

318 turns in 11 miles. AKA The Dragon. US 129 through Tennessee and North Carolina. There's a few guys on the forum that just got back from a long week-end there that will agree with you I'm sure.

The thing is though, that road is just a teasing of what the area has to offer. Many, many great roads in the NC/TN/GA mountain area. When we get over that way we always make a pass or two on 129 just because, but it's such a waste to spend all your time just on it with all the other roads that are there.

Bruce

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was there in May and got smoked by a Goldwing. There's some regulars there that ride it ALL the time and these are two of them in the video. They can almost drive it blindfolded!

Of course, I was on the stock suspension and craptastic Dunlops that damned near washed out on me and hindered (read scared the crap out of...) my speeds for the remaining runs. Even if I was on tuned suspension though, they still had more skills than I did and were willing to push their bikes harder than I would as I didn't know the road at all. It's damned near all blind corners and switchbacks.

BTW, we know they were going FAST... the speed limit there is 30 MPH with many corners having SLO painted before the entry... When they say SLO, they really mean 10 or 15 mph. But there were all sorts of bikes coming through at incredible speeds.

Bruce McCrary

RDY2GO!
Reaction score
rdytogo.blogspot.com
I was there in May and got smoked by a Goldwing. There's some regulars there that ride it ALL the time and these are two of them in the video. They can almost drive it blindfolded!

'Wolf (The lead bike in the video) got his SS1000 IBA award by making 51 round trips in less than 24 hours. Yeah, he knows the road, but he is still a very gifted rider. Regardless, you can't take anything away from the 'Wing.

It won't be long before someone pipes in about his suspension and how modified it is. The last time I knew (and after that video was shot) all he had done was installed stiffer fork springs and re-valved the stock shock. A year ago or so when I saw the bike it had Elite 3's on it.

Bruce

Last edited:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Glad that you were able to vent and totally appreciate the sentiments.

I would assume that you were really venting at the riders on the Goldwing and the Goldwing just happened to get caught in the crossfire, because truth be told the Goldwing is an amazing piece of machinery, not my cup of tea, but amazing none the less ;).

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Lump them all into a category if you will, but I don't think that's fair. My data point of one is that my dad rode a goldwing for years, and he is the most focused, safe, technically competent, AND polite rider that I have ever known. I try to emulate his skill and technique, but I know that no matter what I do, I will never be half the rider he is.

I'll spare you the embarrasement of showing this thread to my dad. I'm sure he'd have input for you, but he'd probably also get permabanned for his first post LOL.

My take is that you witnessed a group of jackasses, period. Doesn't matter much what kind of bikes they were on.