where r the fuses????

cbr_400_cbr

Reaction score
Visit site
anyone can point out to me where the fuses r located my signals and brake light don light up n most probably fuse blown but i simply can't find them..n wat size is it?15 or 10?

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
anyone can point out to me where the fuses r located my signals and brake light don light up n most probably fuse blown but i simply can't find them..n wat size is it?15 or 10?

Look in the Owners manual on pages 6-8 and 6-31. They are under the left side cover below the seat.

Hope it is just a fuse.

Lewis

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site

The fuse yor looking for is not in the main fuse box. It's located right outside the main fuse box and is in a yellow box. It's only one fuze and it says "tail" on the top of the box. All the fuses are locaed under the right rear plastic pod. remove the seat and the right rear pod and you'll seethe all. Good luck.

cbr_400_cbr

Reaction score
Visit site
Look in the Owners manual on pages 6-8 and 6-31. They are under the left side cover below the seat.

Hope it is just a fuse.

Lewis

I lost my manual and thanks i located the fuse box with your help!!!Changed the 'PARK' indicated fuse n everything works!!!Thanks.:thumbup:

Don't have a manual? Don't know how to Google? For what bike? Your Avatar suggest a CBR... This a FZ6 forum.:spank:

Hi Thanks for ur lecture bro, but my avatar clearly shows u my FAZER 600 pic,my nick is CBR400CBR cos i'm riding a 400 ALSO for ur info.Seems u pay more attention on my NICK than my pic lol.:Flip:

The fuse yor looking for is not in the main fuse box. It's located right outside the main fuse box and is in a yellow box. It's only one fuze and it says \\\"tail\\\" on the top of the box. All the fuses are locaed under the right rear plastic pod. remove the seat and the right rear pod and you'll seethe all. Good luck.

Thanks,Prob solved,exactly as u said the right hand side seat area.Can't locate the fuse box earlier but after pointing out by u guys i found it!!!!Thanks!!!!:cheer:

Last edited:

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
MANY thanks !!!!!!

hm, it might help if u keep those fuses in small plastic boxes. U might never know when u need a fuse. Worst case scenario is stuck somewhere in the highway @ nite with no fuse. One fuse cost max $1? Towing back $50? not exactly worth it. anyway ure side box so big. should be no issue:cheer:

anyway nice 2 see u here=)

Last edited:

cbr_400_cbr

Reaction score
Visit site
hm, it might help if u keep those fuses in small plastic boxes. U might never know when u need a fuse. Worst case scenario is stuck somewhere in the highway @ nite with no fuse. One fuse cost max $1? Towing back $50? not exactuly worth it. anyway ure side box so big. should be no issue:cheer:

anyway nice 2 see u here=)
Yo fellow countrymate,go touring remember jio me huh?Good to see u also in SBF. :rockon:
+1

I keep a pack of assorted fuses in a Zip-Lock baggie under my seat, wedged in with the tool pouch.

Noted!!!!:thumbup:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I too have possibly blown a fuse while fiddling with putting a cool led bulb in the license plate. I know the fuse box is on the right side of the seat in panel D. :rolleyes:

I have installed after market signals (both front and rear) they now flash twice as fast as with the factory blinkers. I know it has to do with resistance, but would changing the signaling fuse to 5.A vs. the 10.A factory recommendation make them flash at a normal rate?

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I blew the Tail Fuse doing my first mod and it scared me to death. I conveniently didn't notice that lil spot marked "Tail" and after finding no blown fuses in the rest of them...panicked a lil bit. Whew was I relieved when I found it. I wonder why they put it out there all by itself?

I do like how the FZ uses just 10's and 20's. Lot easier to carry spares that way.

h2o_boy

Reaction score
Visit site
but would changing the signaling fuse to 5.A vs. the 10.A factory recommendation make them flash at a normal rate?

Nope. The only thing that will do is make your fuse blow faster. The fuse is a short and has basically no resistance no matter what the amp value of the fuse is.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright swapped the 10.0 A Tail fuse. Everything, well almost everything back to normal.
Now regarding the fast blinking rate. I found out that since LEDs draw so little power, the bike thinks one of the bulbs burned out. And so it blinks rapidly to alert the rider. I remember the rear signal Rizomas came with a black box. That black box turns out to be a load equalizer. My front turn signal LEDs don't have that box. And so I found this online:

DualEqulpage.jpg

Dual load equalizer - Chrome Glow

Solves the rapid flashing rate.

cbr_400_cbr

Reaction score
Visit site
yo by the way for those curious about the blinkers i fix on the mirrors here goes:

Try to find those LED strips preferably flat ones.Add ressistor if need to,Solder your wires on to extend it all the way from mirror to original signal lights,black tape the wires on the stem of your mirror to conceal it,silicone the LEDs to ur mirror n u r done!!!!!

slowroller

Reaction score
Visit site
Not on my '05 FZ-6. And I do have the 80$ Service Manual. Page 6-8 shows the thermostat. There is no 6-31. Chapter 6 stops at page 6-16 (water pump). The Service Manual part number is LIT-11616-FZ-61.
Are we even in the same conversation?