Just ordered Scorpion exhaust !!!

cspan

Reaction score
Visit site
I already did the airbox mod and (K&N). Now I just have to wait for the pipes to arrive.... Tried to search and find out if I should have order a power commander too. Or if I was safe without ?

Thanks for the advice in advance.
2008 fz6

Tredon

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Scorpions on my 2008 fz6, there is no need for power commander, your on board computer will readjust the engine to work with new pipes.

Enjoy!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2006 with Scorpions, been on there since 2007. Sounds great, pulls great and I still get 50 mpg if I take it easy.

cspan

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys that's great news!!! :thumbup: I ordered the carbon fiber ones hoping they show up tomorrow!!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have open Scorps on mine with the stock air filter, NO Power commander (runs great, no issues). No backfiring, popping, etc

I have read, sometimes with the K&N air filter, you may get too much air flow and the ECU can't adjust enough, thus you'll need the Power Commander.

Should this be the case, you can either go back to a stock air filter and keep good mileage, or go the PC route, pick up some HP but loose some MPG. Your choice.

Its a very different bike once their installed (without DB killers), especially over 7, 8,000 RPM's... Sounds like a go fast liter bike. :thumbup:

ivor1980

Reaction score
Visit site
i have scorpions and pcv ,k and n installed by previous owner and had it dyno'ed runs good,but is hunting very badly on idle...especially with baffles in.sounds like a big bike.just need to sort the hunting out now.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i have scorpions and pcv ,k and n installed by previous owner and had it dyno'ed runs good,but is hunting very badly on idle...especially with baffles in.sounds like a big bike.just need to sort the hunting out now.

The "hunting idle" was one of the issues also with all those mods.

As noted above, mine, without DB killers, everything else stone stock(except for iridums), it idles dead even at 1,000 RPM's (set low on purpose), no loping, up and down idle, etc.

I think I recall seeing the O2 adjustment (US models have to be "jumped" to change the settings) helped with that idle hunt. Do a search, I don't have a link for that.

For the hotwire link for the CO adjustments:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-...usa-only-lean-richen.html?posted=1#post578069

I believe the Europe models, this is accesable without any mods..

Note, I never adjusted my CO settings, those are stock as well with the open Scorps..

cspan

Reaction score
Visit site
HELP !!! I got the exhaust in today got everything mocked up for the most part but it does not look like the targa fe kit will work any advice ???? I ended up figuring something out.

Last edited:

ivor1980

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for replies guys.I forgot to mention that Its european bike 2004 no lambda sensor and cat removed.seems to hunt very bad without baffles.Balanced throttle bodies today and its a bit better with the baffles almost perfect,but as soon as i remove the baffles its hunting baaaad!!!played about with pcv today changing fueling at 1250 and 1500 cells.no joy.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
My 2006 has always had a loping idle after cold starts or sitting for more than an hour between starts. Once the bike reaches 1 bar on the temp gauge the idle is stable. Never bothered me.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
.Balanced throttle bodies today and its a bit better with the baffles almost perfect,but as soon as i remove the baffles its hunting baaaad!!.

You might want to try putting the Cat back on.

Seems, from what you posted, the lack of back pressure may be causing the "hunting idle" with your current set up.