Wrecking 2005 FZ6s

Knl3178

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

my trusty fazer has been in an accident, so i'm selling the remains
the forks are bent, all plastics are damaged. the motor, frame, swingarm etc are ok.

Bike was in perfect working order prior to the accident. just gone over 40 000km

I will consider offers for anything listed below. for anything not listed, just ask. happy to send close up pics of items of interest or answer any questions

Motor $750
Frame $ 200
Swingarm $ 150
wheels $100 ea
calipers $50 ea
exhaust - full system - $100

i'm in the Brisbane area. Pick up is preferred - that way you can make sure you like it before you buy it and everyone is happy, but i will post stuff at your cost if you want.

Cheers

Mac fz6n

Reaction score
Visit site
Why couldn't you do this a month ago, I just bought a bunch of stuff :spank:
j/k :ban:

Sorry to hear, are you ok?

What colour and condition are the wheels?
I'd really like black with no/few stone chips, after 72000k's mine are looking a bit used....

Hope your back in the saddle soon.

Cheers,
Mac.

Knl3178

Reaction score
Visit site
Seat how much. Does it fit 2007?
there were changes to the FZ6 in 2007 including the seat. I'm not sure if your bike is pre or post the update. to err on the side of caution I'll say it is not compatible, but i will leave that decision to you. There is a small nick in the cover which happened in the accident. i will send you pictures of it.

i note that you are in Houston - not sure if it is worth your while to have it shipped from Brisbane. unless Houston is closer than i think it is. I'll post pics tonight. Cheers

Knl3178

Reaction score
Visit site
Why couldn't you do this a month ago, I just bought a bunch of stuff :spank:
j/k :ban:

Sorry to hear, are you ok?

What colour and condition are the wheels?
I'd really like black with no/few stone chips, after 72000k's mine are looking a bit used....

Hope your back in the saddle soon.

Cheers,
Mac.
I'm okay, thanks. I was riding my Triumph and my mate was riding my Fazer on Mt Mee. He came off the road and sadly he died at the scene.

The wheels are black and in pretty good condition. there is a small area on the rear wheel where the paint has peeled. otherwise pretty good. I'll send pics tonight

Knl3178

Reaction score
Visit site
here are some close ups of the wheels. it was getting dark by the time i got home, but it think you can see they look ok aside from the areas shown in the pics. if you want them I'll take them off the bike this weekend and get some more photos before we seal the deal. if you know anyone in Brisbane youre welcome to send them round to check it out for you. let me know if you are interested. PM me your details and i can send more pics

cheers

Mac fz6n

Reaction score
Visit site
here are some close ups of the wheels. it was getting dark by the time i got home, but it think you can see they look ok aside from the areas shown in the pics. if you want them I'll take them off the bike this weekend and get some more photos before we seal the deal. if you know anyone in Brisbane youre welcome to send them round to check it out for you. let me know if you are interested. PM me your details and i can send more pics

cheers

Hey,

Thanks for the pics.

The flaky paint is the same as what I've got on mine.

Thanks anyway.
Mac.

Knl3178

Reaction score
Visit site
No Problem

I'll take the bike to the local bike wrecker tomorrow to see what he offers me. if he's reasonable then i'll leave it with him. if he's not then i'll keep it on offer here and on gumtree. I don' really expect a reasonable offer for some reason, but i'll see tomorrow.

knl

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Knl3178,

Would the timing/Cam cover and plug (in centre of pic) be available? (Any damage?). If so, what would your price be?

Kind regards,
Bob.

Last edited:

Knl3178

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Knl3178,

Would the timing/Cam cover and plug (in centre of pic) be available? (Any damage?). If so, what would your price be?

Kind regards,
Bob.
Circle,

It is undamaged. the whole motor is undamaged aside from a scuff on the left side cover where it came off the stand a few years ago.

I am reluctant to strip the motor for parts. I would rather sell it as a whole, especially since its in such good condition.

cheers

peter caden

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi from Darwin new to the thread do you still have the centre stand and will it fit an 08 naked,am sure the frame is the same,and a quick question how do i know if the fan is on is there a light,sorry but am new to this you will have to forgive me i own 2 harley's.:spank:

Last edited:

Knl3178

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the stand. I'm not sure if it will fit a naked but I will send pics of how it is mounted on the S There is no light or anything for the fan, just a sort of wrrrrrrrrrr sound - like a fan ;). It should come on at about 4 bars on the temp gauge from memory. About half way up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knl3178

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi from Darwin new to the thread do you still have the centre stand and will it fit an 08 naked,am sure the frame is the same,and a quick question how do i know if the fan is on is there a light,sorry but am new to this you will have to forgive me i own 2 harley's.:spank:

ytege6em.jpg
ygajygyv.jpg

Here are the pics of the stand mounting. I hope they help.
$50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk