fz1 headlight

coryjage13

Reaction score
Visit site
OK I really want to do a street fighter just haven't found headlights I like until my buddy got an 08 fz1n and now I really like that headlight. What do I need for the conversion for this headlight?

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello.
To do this conversion you will need to be a bit creative as I don't think there is any kit out there that has everything you need without having to do some custom work.

So the most important items - you need the headlight, fairings etc. There are good copies on ebay if you search for fz1n headlights.

Information about that conversion are spread over multiple forums and threads, so you will need to do some search and reading. I recently replied to you a similar request in this thread :
http://www.600riders.com/forum/showpost.php?p=579799&postcount=4

You can start there if ya want. Happy conversion.

Last edited:

coryjage13

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello.
To do this conversion you will need to be a bit creative as I don't think there is any kit out there that has everything you need without having to do some custom work.

So the most important items - you need the headlight, fairings etc. There are good copies on ebay if you search for fz1n headlights.

Information about that conversion are spread over multiple forums and threads, so you will need to do some search and reading. I recently replied to you a similar request in this thread :
http://www.600riders.com/forum/showpost.php?p=579799&postcount=4

You can start there if ya want. Happy conversion.

I was looking at your conversion and saw the speedo. did you have to get a new one or is that the one that your bike came with?

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
My speedo came with the bike. I believe all year 2007+ come with the horizontal speedo. You must have the round speedo, which doesn't look so great with the fz1 headlight. You can however get a round cover with the fz6n headlight.

If you absolutely want the fz1 look, then see if u can find a 2007+ speedo in the parts for sales section. I understand its a direct plug and play replacement.

coryjage13

Reaction score
Visit site
My speedo came with the bike. I believe all year 2007+ come with the horizontal speedo. You must have the round speedo, which doesn't look so great with the fz1 headlight. You can however get a round cover with the fz6n headlight.

If you absolutely want the fz1 look, then see if u can find a 2007+ speedo in the parts for sales section. I understand its a direct plug and play replacement.

ok thanks for the info

radlife

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed an Fz1n headlight that I ordered from partshark.com for about $500 and it looks great! It requires some custom fabrication to fit the speedometer mount, as well as cutting into the fz6 stock headlight /speedometer wiring harness. It took an two evenings to get everything dialed but I am stoked with the results. The front end of the bike definitely seems much more nimble

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Feel free to post up some pictures. Oh and welcome aboard! What year is your bike? Must be an S1 w the round gauge?