How to Remove your Front Wheel

sweetjimmy

Reaction score
Visit site
just pulled my front wheel of yesterday to replace the tire. I have no idea how anyone could get the wheel off the bike without removing one caliper. the distance the calipers are situated from one another is less than the width of the tire. Possibly even less than the width of the wheel, but don't quote me on that.

but if you somehow managed it, hey good for you.

so, now I'm interested in torquing that 19mm bolt back up. The manual says 52lb... anybody have thoughts on that? I've heard of people destroying their oil drain plug by torquing it to spec.

eazyethan

Reaction score
Visit site
another option: buy one of these from McMaster-Carr for $4.02. It is a perfect fit in the axle and a 19mm socket so you can easily use your torque wrench. :thumbup:

Last edited:

cvalliere

FZ6er
Reaction score
www.facebook.com
I tried the 19mm bolt and two nuts trick but the nuts kept coming undone :( i used a wrench to hold one nut in place and a 19mm socket to tighten it and ended up breaking the ratchet nipple trying to tighten it enough so it wouldn't move. STILL MOVED

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just replaced my front tire and had to find a 19 mm bit. Found a really simple solution posted on sportbikes.net. Just get a 3/4" Rod Coupling Nut at Lowes or Home Depot.

Shop The Hillman Group 3/4-in - 10 Zinc-Plated Standard (SAE) Regular Nut at Lowes.com

It fits perfectly and had plenty of length to use your regular 19 mm socket on it. About $3.50 and located next to the threaded rods - same isle as the bolts, screws, etc.

CORRECTION - you need to get the 1/2 inch version. It's threaded for a 1/2 rod, and the exterior is 3/4" - almost exactly 19 mm.
BTW: The OP on sportbikes.net was user 831FZ6.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just replaced my front tire and had to find a 19 mm bit. Found a really simple solution posted on sportbikes.net. Just get a 3/4" Rod Coupling Nut at Lowes or Home Depot.

Shop The Hillman Group 3/4-in - 10 Zinc-Plated Standard (SAE) Regular Nut at Lowes.com

It fits perfectly and had plenty of length to use your regular 19 mm socket on it. About $3.50 and located next to the threaded rods - same isle as the bolts, screws, etc.

That's what I used to use on my FZ6. Home Depot also carries that coupling.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

^^ :thumbup::thumbup:
>> Post a picture here please!!! http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/52635-show-us-your-fz-special-tools.html