To wave or not to wave, that is the unorigionally named poll...

Who do you wave at?

• Total voters

mannydiller

Reaction score
Visit site
me too... i wave at most everyone on 2 or 3 wheels when safe to do so, and really, most wave back. hell, some give me the peace sign down low on an 8 lane super slab... over the divider wall. the first time someone did that to me, i felt like part of the brotherhood... yeah, i'm a squid, but try to be as safe as possible and not be an a-hole out on the road. i just want to get to my destination in one piece with a smile on my face.

Mudflap

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll wave at anyone on 2 or 3 wheels. I figure if you have enough bollocks to ride, no matter what it is, you're cool in my book. :thumbup:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
me too... i wave at most everyone on 2 or 3 wheels when safe to do so, and really, most wave back. hell, some give me the peace sign down low on an 8 lane super slab... over the divider wall. the first time someone did that to me, i felt like part of the brotherhood... yeah, i'm a squid, but try to be as safe as possible and not be an a-hole out on the road. i just want to get to my destination in one piece with a smile on my face.

That doesn't sound squidly at all! You used the word safe ;)

F

fazergal

I generally nod at all the above but don't get much of a reaction from scooters, Harley's or BMW's. :(

mannydiller

Reaction score
Visit site
That doesn't sound squidly at all! You used the word safe ;)

ohhhhh, i just thought a squid was simply a beginner! i have less than 1000 miles total riding time, i'll re-label myself as "novice". ;)

altho i guess i did see a "squid" today slaloming through thick rush hour traffic... to get around the handful of us going 65mph in the hov lane. guess we were all going too slow for him.

and no, he didn't wave.

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site
At this point waving is "meh" to me. I have friends that wave to everything, but I ride year round (primary transport). Waving is cool at first, but it eventually loses any real meaning when you constantly ride. I'll wave if someone else does, but I generally only initiate wave to people who are out in the thick of it- a downpour in late fall, for example.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked them all even not waving when I decide pop monster wheelies! :) :D

You can call me a squid. I will pop a wheelie on you too. So much your girl may want to hop rides with someone who can keep it up! (Pun intended) ;)

Last edited:

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked them all even not waving when I decide pop monster wheelies! :) :D

IMO you may need an exorcism because your new bike has definitely got you possessed. :spank:

And....

You can call me a squid. I will pop a wheelie on you too. So much your girl may want to hop rides with someone who can keep it up! (Pun intended) ;)

Do think this will work for anybody riding the new niner???? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Xlrrp

Reaction score
Visit site
If it's safe, I wave at all of them. At the very least I nod (if I'm shifting, turning or don't have time to wave). I don't care if they wave back or not. I'm waving because I'm happy to be riding and I hope they are too.... If I'm in a cage, I don't wave... That would just be creepy!

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Nobody seems to wave around here, could be something to do with a lack of any bit of straight road? Personally I'm too busy holding on to the bars :)

Most people nod, which is fine when the weather's awful, you're all in it together, but can make you feel a bit like this fellow on sunny days:

dog.gif

Oh, and I nod to cars too, if they've been considerate

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
I was raised to respect all others on bikes. I do no care if you are on a chopper or a crotch rocket I will wave. If I see a broken down bike I stop to see if I can help, for example my buddy was having problems with his Sportster and had to push her down the road, I got off my bike and pushed mine next to him. If you are on a bike I see you as family, it is the whole "brotherhood" thing just the way I was taught. Scooters and Mopeds.... They are on there own Blah

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
"you've just violated the brotherhood". Seriously, brotherhood? Groan.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
"you've just violated the brotherhood". Seriously, brotherhood? Groan.

Yeah the guy seems entitled. Acts like the worst thing that ever happened was when other companies made bikes and not just Harley's... What a douche.

TSRBrad

Reaction score
Visit site
Man, y'all are some serious scooter haters. Don't you know they're considered the gateway drug of the 2-wheeled world leading to more serious lifelong addiction? :rockon:

"Go ahead... try it. It'll be fun and won't hardly cost you anything!"

On a serious note... should the opportunity arise, take the time to educate. I was gassing up the bike one day and a couple of women were there on scooters. I was happy to see them with helmets (unfortunately only half-helmets, but better than nothing), but the footwear they had on was a serious injury waiting to happen; one with open-toed something, the other with lightweight canvas. So I respectfully explained that, should something happen, one of the first parts of the body to hit the ground are the feet and suggested they change to something a little more sturdy. Hopefully they took the advice and continue to ride safely.

Finally, to make sure I comply with the topic of this (amazingly long-lived) thread... I don't wave at anyone (except guys on Ducatis)! :Flip:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't you know they're considered the gateway drug of the 2-wheeled world leading to more serious lifelong addiction? :rockon:
:

It's what got me started. And it was "cool" bikers on "real" bikes that made me stay. So many stories of bikers going out of their way to include me, or help me out.

Now I always nod at everyone, especially scootards.