Having a bit of fun on my fz6 with a one hand one leg kneedown

http://youtu.be/XAjqhHH221g

08g_.jpg

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool! That is what we do all the time around here avoiding pot holes and warning other riders. Blah

Sigg79

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick question:
When you get your knee down, is the peg on the footrest scraping the tarmac as well?

Just wondering how far I'll have to lean over to get the knee down. I've scraped the peg several times, but never got my knee down to touch the tarmac.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick question:
When you get your knee down, is the peg on the footrest scraping the tarmac as well?

Just wondering how far I'll have to lean over to get the knee down. I've scraped the peg several times, but never got my knee down to touch the tarmac.

^^ it sounds like you should be looking at your suspension setup before something bad happens! Properly set, the bike will lean a good distance more than the shot above w/out parts dragging....

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ it sounds like you should be looking at your suspension setup before something bad happens! Properly set, the bike will lean a good distance more than the shot above w/out parts dragging....

And/or technique. It's easy to make the pegs scrape if you use counterweight at speed (leaning the bike into the turn while keeping the body upright).

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And/or technique. It's easy to make the pegs scrape if you use counterweight at speed (leaning the bike into the turn while keeping the body upright).

Also true ^^

Funny how we flock to what we know... leaving a link on your page....

Sigg79

Reaction score
Visit site
I scrape the peg (and boot) while hanging off the bike. I don't think my body position is too bad, guess I'll have to film it some time. My rear shock is set to 5, and my body weight is 90 kg (198 lbs). Add the gear, and I guess I'm closer to 100 kg.

Should I set the rear shock to 6 or 7?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I scrape the peg (and boot) while hanging off the bike. I don't think my body position is too bad, guess I'll have to film it some time. My rear shock is set to 5, and my body weight is 90 kg (198 lbs). Add the gear, and I guess I'm closer to 100 kg.

Should I set the rear shock to 6 or 7?

Suspension set up should be done according to your weight.

Length of your legs? Longer leg equals knee down sooner. I've seen a few riders hang off just to get a knee down but their body position was very exaggerated. :rolleyes:

Mikeyc22

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick question:

Ive never ever had my peg down and I go low all the time