Next bike?

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
So I've been seriously considering trading the fz for something a little larger. The 2014 VFR is confirmed for the US now but I don't know about spending 12500 on it when I can get an FZ1 for 10000 or less out the door brand flippin new.

I've always liked the viffer though and consider it in many ways to be the perfect bike. Any thoughts.

And no I won't be leaving the forum

Phone forumizing with Tapatalk

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm kind of in the same boat. My bike will likely be sold tonight. (sad day) So I'll be looking at what to get.

I'm currently torn between the FZ-09, daytona 675, some sort of dual sport/sumo, speed triple...

I think I keep coming back to the daytona 675 because I've just loved it for so long and it's so different! Depends on what I can find a good deal on though. :)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can get an FZ1 for 10000 or less out the door brand flippin new.

Probably quite a bit less. And I wouldn't overlook a lightly used one to save even more. Something that's 2-3 years old with 4-5k miles on it? You know it's still new and it'll be something like 7k.

FZ1 is a fantastic bike and its best feature is arguably the very low price, if you're considering competition like the Ninja1k.. which is quite a bit more for same year / miles.

Moving to FZ1 from FZ6 is a very natural progression. Ergonomics are similar, gauge cluster is identical (to S2 FZ6). It's a bit like adding a whole bunch of power to FZ6 :thumbup:

Of course, there are SO many other great bikes out there and we all have slightly different needs.

For my purpose, FZ1 is perfect. I've had it for 2.5 years now and if I lost this one, I'd get another one in a heartbeat.

There are other bikes I'd love to own (13+ FJR, 14 V-Strom 1k), but they cost way way more.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I've been seriously considering trading the fz for something a little larger. The 2014 VFR is confirmed for the US now but I don't know about spending 12500 on it when I can get an FZ1 for 10000 or less out the door brand flippin new.

I've always liked the viffer though and consider it in many ways to be the perfect bike. Any thoughts.

And no I won't be leaving the forum

Phone forumizing with Tapatalk

I think a fz1 or a z1000 or ninja 1000 is a better choice. they are lighter, cheaper and more powerful than the honda. just need to decide if you want naked or full fairing.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
When the FZ-09's start coming up on the used market for $5K I'd consider making the switch. I have a cruiser for trips so the FZ6 replacement could be more sporty.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably quite a bit less. And I wouldn't overlook a lightly used one to save even more. Something that's 2-3 years old with 4-5k miles on it? You know it's still new and it'll be something like 7k.

FZ1 is a fantastic bike and its best feature is arguably the very low price, if you're considering competition like the Ninja1k.. which is quite a bit more for same year / miles.

Moving to FZ1 from FZ6 is a very natural progression. Ergonomics are similar, gauge cluster is identical (to S2 FZ6). It's a bit like adding a whole bunch of power to FZ6 :thumbup:

Of course, there are SO many other great bikes out there and we all have slightly different needs.

For my purpose, FZ1 is perfect. I've had it for 2.5 years now and if I lost this one, I'd get another one in a heartbeat.

There are other bikes I'd love to own (13+ FJR, 14 V-Strom 1k), but they cost way way more.

my dad just got a '12 for $8700 brand new out the door. the only reason im looking new is that the owner, manager, and lead salesman at the local shop are all really good friends of ours. we've bought plenty of bikes from them over the years and they will deal with us pretty well. plus they are likely to give us a pretty good trade value on both the old man's BMW and the FZ6. im also REALLY picky when it comes to bikes. they are the one thing im hesitant to buy used.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I think a fz1 or a z1000 or ninja 1000 is a better choice. they are lighter, cheaper and more powerful than the honda. just need to decide if you want naked or full fairing.

the old viffer hid its weight pretty well. it really makes long rides nice. but i would like a little more power from that 800cc V4. The Ninja 1000 is nice but i would rather have the FZ1. too bad they arent still putting the gold forks on 'em...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
too bad they arent still putting the gold forks on 'em...

Agreed! I think mine was the best color combo (except for retro.. LOVE retro!)

attachment.php

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the red, but i wont own a red bike/car. ill try to find either a blue one or a white one i think. but if i get one of the 2012-13's ill have to repaint the tail to match, because that black tail just looks stupid imho.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the red, but i wont own a red bike/car. ill try to find either a blue one or a white one i think. but if i get one of the 2012-13's ill have to repaint the tail to match, because that black tail just looks stupid imho.

or.. Retro kit

:drool: