New bike in the garage

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I did it. I pulled the trigger. I bought a beautiful Red 2006 Triumph Sprint St (triple with 1050cc engine). :cheer:

The power! the amazing exhaust note! The handling! I was a little afraid it would be too heavy for me but it actually sits a little lower than my FZ6 so I can touch flat footed with knees slightly bent so I can push it around parking lots, etc.

It was such a hard decision. Everything I love about my FZ it was missing. Everything I love about the Triumph, my FZ is missing. It has an after market rear suspension (sorry guys I don't know what it's called) on it and the previous owner weighs a good 100+ pounds more than me. My husband assured me he could adjust it to work better for me. After he adjusted it, I love it now!

Here's a pic of me on it. No, I wasn't going for a ride. Just sitting on it during a sunny but cold afternoon. View attachment 52705

My FZ6 is for sale if anyone on the West Coast of USA is interested.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! Blah
Looks like a great bike and although the picture you posted is pretty small it almost looks like the back end of a Suzi SV in the garage. Is it?

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Good eye! It is my son's bike. It's a 2005 SV650S. We have bikes all over the house including a 1986 Honda VFR750. It spent the winter in my guest bedroom. Hubbie hasn't pulled it out yet. Weather is just getting nice enough to ride. My FZ is currently in our cargo trailer that we haul the bikes in. My hubbie's 2005 Honda VFR800 is in the car garage (along with my Triumph now). We like to keep all the bikes garaged for the weather and to prevent theft.

I guess we need to build another motorcycle garage in the backyard. :D

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So happy for you! Everything I've read about that bike has been good. It might get added to my "next" list, no dealer close by though:(

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! That must toot along nicely

Good eye! It is my son's bike. It's a 2005 SV650S. We have bikes all over the house including a 1986 Honda VFR750. It spent the winter in my guest bedroom. Hubbie hasn't pulled it out yet. Weather is just getting nice enough to ride. My FZ is currently in our cargo trailer that we haul the bikes in. My hubbie's 2005 Honda VFR800 is in the car garage (along with my Triumph now). We like to keep all the bikes garaged for the weather and to prevent theft.

I guess we need to build another motorcycle garage in the backyard. :D
My dad still has a 1985 VFR700, it's awesome but I've been nagging him to move on from carbs like I did...though he doesn't really ride much anymore :rolleyes:. I think he heart is more towards the ST1300

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
The hubbie even lets me ride the VFR750 occasionally. (that was my condition when I gave the green light to buy it) It goes great! The narrow tires are a bit scary for me- can be squirrelly at times. I get use to it after a bit.

Motogiro-I took a closer look at the pic and my husband's 2005 VFR800 is in it too.

BTW gentlemen-my husband is taking it well that my bike has more cc's than his. heehee The VTEC on his Honda gives quite a kick at 7K rpm's. He let me ride it once (so far). I took a 2013 BMW F800 GT for a test ride. He wanted me to be able to compare it against another 800 so he let me ride his. I bought the Triumph mostly because of the price difference - $14K vs. $6500. No brainer. The Beemer traction control is nice but not worth the price difference. My Triumph has ABS brakes. The husband wants me to be safe. I guess he wants me to stick around

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! That must toot along nicely

My dad still has a 1985 VFR700, it's awesome but I've been nagging him to move on from carbs like I did...though he doesn't really ride much anymore :rolleyes:. I think he heart is more towards the ST1300

Is it red, white, and blue? Ours is.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
The throttle is so smooth throughout the power band. Just roll on the throttle and go. Blah

BTW-this forum is way better than the Sprint forum.

CountryBoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I was actually tempted by a Sprint GT myself (I don't know, do you guys get those in the states?). But, for obvious reasons, I couldn't have one.

I have to say though, I do love my fazer, even though I don't really lavish enough love on it.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice congrats on the bike. Really really wanted one of those, but the lack of a local dealer network and the price scared me off. Ended up with a FZ1 instead

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
what a great family! every one riding bikes! nice things those triumphs...if only i had a lot of money to splurge...i would have a lot of motorcyles!! i am at 4 currently, the fazer and 3 other 100cc, old 2 stroke bikes to commute (and tinker) with.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I sold my FZ6 last Friday night. I was so sad. It was so weird. A nice lady bought it. She is a new rider. Only has her permit. Her boyfriend is going to maintain it. He rides H-D. :spank: We are down to 4 bikes now...

The buyer friended me on Facebook. She posted a pic of her riding MY bike the next day. How dare her... Lol It was so weird. I was like "hey, that bike is just like mine. Wait...that is mine" lol We are planning a ride once she gets her full endorsement.

Still loving my Triumph though.:cheer::rockon: Riding to bike night at a local restaurant tomorrow for dinner. Sunday riding to Virginia City and around.

Hubbie mounted a gear indicator for me. That was my one treat after selling my FZ6.

Hubbie took my bike out for a ride on Monday afternoon while I was at work. I guess I have to hide the keys....