New member welcome thread..

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought myself a 2007 FZ6 with 8000 miles on her last week! This is my very first bike and have been just cruising laps around the neighborhood and parking lots util I take the MSF course next weekend! Looking forward to learn TONS about my new beauty! :D

What part of NC are you in?

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, my name is Dave but my friends call me Batman. I am a HUGE Batman nut if you could not tell. I am originally from Florida but moved up to Kansas about 5 years ago. I grew up riding and just bought my 2004 Yamaha FZ6 about a month ago. I went way to long with out a bike and when I saw her I had to have her. I am building her little by little to be an everyday ridden show bike. I would also like to ad some more power to her so we will see what all can be done, she tops out at 159mph as is. I am still learning about these bikes (I had never seen one before) so any help would be great.

matthewduncan93

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

Im a noob on this forum, and as is polite need to to introduce myself!

Currently a member of the Yamaha Owners Club, and i came across this forum doing some research for the duel headlight mod.

Names Matthew, im 20 and im from "sunny" Aberdeen, Scotland.

Been riding since i was about 15 and have a 2010 yamaha FZ6 s2 as my main bike at the moment.

Looking forward to finding out loadsa information and also helping out where i can :)

thanks,
Matt

RobotGabe

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! New member here.

Greetings from Chicago. Just picked up a 2008 FZ6 in midnight blue (the faster color). Been riding vintage bikes for the last 15 years and felt it was time to get something that wasn't already 40 years old.

Really liking the bike and can't wait to explore the forum.

Thanks!
Gabe

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:new members! You'll find this the friendliest forum on the web!

Lots of collective experience and knowledge here so search as much as you need and If you have a question we're here to help! :)

the_engineer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, I am from Washington and just bought a 2007 fz6 with custom green paint job and 6300 miles. I researched many bikes but found I like the style, look, and feel of this bike the best. I am a student working towards my degree in Chemical engineering. I would upload pic but it brings me to webpage cannot display page.

52pickup

Reaction score
Visit site
I really appreciate this site. I live in upstate New York and I'm brand new to riding. The 2007 FZ6 is my first bike which I will purchase next week. My taste for the bike isn't it's speed or power but rather the balance I felt will test driving her. The one thing I don't really like about the bike is that the previous owner put on an after market exhaust, I don't know the brand, but they are loud and that is not my thing. I'll keep my eye on the forum for solutions, it great to read about everyone tastes and lives with their rides.

zombieflamingos

Reaction score
Visit site
HEYYYYYYYY!!!!

Its Samantha here from the lovely state of Oregon! I picked up my 86 FZ600 on my birthday in march, it is quite the project. I bought it from my brother who got it from some guy, it had been sitting in the back of a shop for the last 5 years.

After the massive headache its been so far i finally got to ride it yesterday. It was like heaven on earth! still have some issues to work out and might be needing advice on. So far i've cleaned the carbs and replaced the clutches. The carbs have been nothing but a nightmare! Im having an issue with the RPMs shooting up to 4K and not dropping down until i let the clutch out.

So if anyone has any advice im all ears! :rockon:

felixytsoi

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

New member and proud new owner of a Red 2006 Yamaha FZ6 with a little over 12K miles on it! I'm a product designer working in beautiful San Diego :D

I've been lurking for a few weeks now, and have already found great help in doing maintenance, etc. in this FZ6 forum website.

Thanks!

-Felix

tcat

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings from London (the British one). I was an unregistered lurker and am now the proud owner of a well kept '09 FZ6-Fazer-S2 ABS in midnight black :D Really loving the bike, have given it a little TLC since picking it up a week ago and now looks and feels even better than it did on the ride home. Some getting used to the slightly higher ride height than what I have been on lately but after 100 miles I was well programmed in to my new beastie's handling characteristics :thumbup: In another life I used to ride 250 dirtbikes (always white) on the street and I can feel the hooligan in me coming out again with the ease of riding combined with the sportiness of the FZ6. I think its the perfect all round bike..without going "adventure" crazy. I just wish it was white :ban:
Alex

greatrift

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings from Seattle. Just picked up my first bike and its an FZ6! Very excited.

Glad to see there is a large community out here.

Bassieh

Dark Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone. My name is Bassieh and I'm from Breda in The Netherlands. I just bought my first bike. An 04 FZ6! I'll be picking it up next week so I'll post some pictures by then.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, welcome to the forum! It's a great group, friendly, helpful, supportive, and funny too.

Please consider posting a new separate thread in this same area (Main Lobby) with a bit more about yourselves AND Pictures!

Chris