New LED signals + 3 wire adapter + blinker genie = nothing?

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a set of 2wheels LED signals, 3 wire turn signal adapters, and blinker genies for the front. I also picked up an electric flasher relay, but that works fine.

Anyway, it seemed pretty straightforward to hook them up, especially after reading this thread: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-electrical/50826-wiring-help-please.html. The 3-wire adapter even matched the blinker genie colors, so I figured I couldn't mess it up. However, when I turned the key to "on," I get nothing. Signal right, nothing. The signal works fine when I hook it directly to a battery on its own, so something must be amiss with my wiring or the genie. I'm currently working on the "passenger side" of the bike, FWIW. Any ideas?

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I did some searching and found this post: Need turn signal wiring help! - Sportbikes.net

Looking at the original signals, I was able to determine that the white and red wires are reversed on the adapter. White to red, red to white. Solder and heatshrink everything back up again and all works perfectly.

Now if I had only bought turn signal adapter plates that actually fit properly and did not need to be glued, I'd be in good shape!