Home Built Motorcycle Maint Tools

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the title says it all and since it is that time of the year when pre-ride (or preseason) maintenance is "vitally" important, I thought it would be fun to share some of the home built tools that can be used to make sure the bike is in top shape!!

This is my brake fluid bleeding tool. A simple Ball quart jar with some stainless steel fittings, stainless steel tubing and pvc tubing. When i changed out my brake lines last year, i had a heck of a time with the store bought brake bleeding tools. I came up with this after watching a few others (on you tube) change their fluid. Makes things much easier when you are doing a bleed by yourself!! :thumbup:

IMG_0224_zps6a695786.jpg

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!

I have the same concept for my brakes.. Water bottle with a hose stuck through a hole in the cap. Don't worry that fluid is not from the bike. :spank:

Pretty sure everyone has one of these for the front wheel!

And finally my cable cleaner/luber. This with an air compressor and rag works better than any chinsy "cable luber tool". Clamp hose around clutch or throttle cable by tightening hose clamp, spray lube/cleaner in hose, use air compressor to force gunk out and lube onto cable! Works great.