~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I should be shipping out soon. Finally had my son snap a shot for body position. Obviously no chance of bringing the front up to level it out due to lack of fabric, but I'm gonna have him lower main sitting area abit to level it out some so I'm not in the tank as much. Add the tank grips and I should be good!

Thanks Guys!
I don't remember what his site said, but do you need to have your gear on for the pic?

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't remember what his site said, but do you need to have your gear on for the pic?

I don't think it says, and I don't think it matters. IIRC what he wants is a picture that shows what you look like when you ride the bike. He wants you to let it all hang out...if you ride with your butt on the passenger seat and your chin under the windscreen, photo it.

Seriously though, I think all he wants to know is where and how you sit on the bike, and an honest picture of that is probably what he's after. eg., I sit up against the tank in an upright position.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Somewhere between naked and gear should be fine. :thumbup: Pic taken shows compression and wrinkling of the cushion under the tremendous strain of keeping my arse off the frame! Hopefully this give him an idea of what needs done and where?!? Well along w my description...

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
IIRC what he wants is a picture that shows what you look like when you ride the bike. He wants you to let it all hang out...

BlahBlahBlah This should do it then! [MENTION=2195]lonesoldier84[/MENTION]
Seat + butt + all out! :thumbup:
281714_10150709296215134_5175694_n_zpsab9b250f.jpg

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought, insured, safetied, plated and cleaned up all within the last week! I can't wait to ride this thing!

I recently bought an FZ as well, but am waiting until we're closer to spring to insure it etc, as it'll save me 160 bucks by doing so. I understand there's no insurance on it if something happens, but it's locked away tight in my dads shop behind a couple harleys and supersports so I'm too concerned about it going missing haha.

Was there a reason you insured so early in the year? Just cuirious..

Andar

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought an FZ as well, but am waiting until we're closer to spring to insure it etc, as it'll save me 160 bucks by doing so. I understand there's no insurance on it if something happens, but it's locked away tight in my dads shop behind a couple harleys and supersports so I'm too concerned about it going missing haha.

Was there a reason you insured so early in the year? Just cuirious..

I wanted some coverage during the winter for theft and all that, and TD has their insurance set up as "pay-as-you-ride" which has 7 installments, which lets me insure the bike for the 6 month winter season (Oct-Mar) for cheap. If I get any good riding days in before then, I can actually ride!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Most carriers its like $6 - 10, a month for theft, fire, damages etc. As long as its not being ridden its covered even if the roof falls in. Somthing to call about.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Cleaned, waxed and set up for taking the Mrs out as pillion for the first time on Wednesday. Also, radiator cover and fender extender installed:

y9ebaqu7.jpg

4yba3u3u.jpg

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

SAFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered and received Puig Dark smoke windscreen, 2 Pilot 3 tires, FZ1 handlebars. Have only had time to install windscreen. I love the look. I took it out for a test ride today and was amazed at the difference a few inches more of windscreen can do. Usually I can feel the getting pushed back somewhat going 80mph. Today I looked down and could not believe I was going that fast. It buffered a lot of the headwind. Cannot wait to switch tires and handlebars. Also thinking of getting 2 bros exhaust.

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
Cleaned, waxed and set up for taking the Mrs out as pillion for the first time on Wednesday. Also, radiator cover and fender extender installed:

y9ebaqu7.jpg

4yba3u3u.jpg

Where did you find that cover?
Ordered and received Puig Dark smoke windscreen, 2 Pilot 3 tires, FZ1 handlebars. Have only had time to install windscreen. I love the look. I took it out for a test ride today and was amazed at the difference a few inches more of windscreen can do. Usually I can feel the getting pushed back somewhat going 80mph. Today I looked down and could not believe I was going that fast. It buffered a lot of the headwind. Cannot wait to switch tires and handlebars. Also thinking of getting 2 bros exhaust.
Is this the racing or touring screen you're speaking of?

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Bellypan and a BYF silencer for my (previously too loud) BYF exhaust.

hs3uaJn.jpg

Bellypan is a bit low right now, I think it nearly hit the ground on hard braking in the parking lot while teaching my friend to ride (not on the FZ mind you) - and it definitely scraped a rock or clump of dirt on my little foray into offroading.

wVDnqcf.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the silencer - works a little too well, and it pointed out some of the exhaust leaks I have in my system, but I'll be welding up some better exhaust tubing now that I have access to better tools! (getting rid of the flex piping)

Oh - and we did a lot of work on the old Yamaha 750xs - turns out the exhaust headers are double walled.

ieQ0lZl.jpg

(We're using the existing headers, extending the shorter one (which we actually were able to do pretty easily, much to our surprise) so that they can actually meet up in a more standard 3-1 collector).

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
GPS wired in. USB charger wired in.

I don't suppose you ended up with an adapter stack like i did? I've got an instantaneous connecter on a lead for my battery tender, a DIN socket on the dash that plugs into that, a cigarette lighter socket adapter that plugs into that, and then a twin usb socket that plugs into that!

I should have planed it better really, but at least if my phone breaks I can use the satnav from the car.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't suppose you ended up with an adapter stack like i did? I've got an instantaneous connecter on a lead for my battery tender, a DIN socket on the dash that plugs into that, a cigarette lighter socket adapter that plugs into that, and then a twin usb socket that plugs into that! I should have planed it better really, but at least if my phone breaks I can use the satnav from the car. Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
mine is a USB charger only with a waterproof cover on the top so when unused you pop the cover back on. The gps is a garmon zumo the boss lent me for the trip to try out so it is wired to the same relay as the USB charger.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This wasn't done today, but over the course of the past month.

-Modified my stock seat to be much more comfortable.
-Installed power distribution block for accessories. Rewired accessories to clean up/organize aftermarket accessories (one of these accessories is part of this list:thumbup:)
-Installed heated handgrips!! (This is what pushed me to install the power distribution block. already had a 12v acc. outlet and stebel horn wired to the battery; now its nice and clean :rockon:)
-Installed fz6r bar!! What a difference! Helps on the wrists
-Cleaned/lubed clutch and throttle cable! hasn't been done in idk how long and I wish I did so sooner! Clutch is super easy to pull and throttle is nice and smooth and snaps back to closed nice and crisp!:D

I'm all ready to tack on the miles this year with a couple multi day trips already planned!