~~Daily Feed, post what made you laugh today ~~

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
From the mid seventies two days ago to snow, air temp of 27 and a wind chill in the teens! Good o'l New England..

We hope you enjoyed your trial subscription to spring, to purchase spring with the special package called "summer" please remit your payment in the next 10 days. Spring will be delivered in 4-6 weeks.
We regret to inform you that Summer is currently on back-order and will be shipped when the supplier has been able to fill the production demands...

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site
If its just delayed.. I feel better!
I though for a sec that I slept through all summer!

Was 24c (30 with humidex) here Monday, -2c the following morning.

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
10262042_737060802983646_9141584018927605518_n.jpg
:rolleyes:

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stolen from one of the Aprilia Forums I visit:

Why old men don't get hired!

Job Interview:

Human Resources Manager: "What is your greatest weakness?"

Old Man: "Honesty."

Human Resources Manager: "I don't think honesty is a weakness."

Old Man: "I don't really give a **** what you think."

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
A vandal responsible for puncturing more than two dozen vehicle tyres in a quiet Cumbrian village has been unmasked as a dog.

Police received a number of reports of damage over six months but could not track down the culprit, until one victim set up a CCTV camera.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfMGXO3aZV8"]Cumbria car vandal unmasked as dog - YouTube[/ame]

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This made me smile, but I guess I see more of the unique things in the English language, the more I speak Dutch :rolleyes:

English Isn't As Easy As You Think. This Guy Nails It.
You think English is easy?

1) The bandage was wound around the wound.

2) The farm was used to produce produce.

3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.

4) We must polish the Polish furniture..

5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert..

7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.

8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

10) I did not object to the object.

11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.

13) They were too close to the door to close it.

14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.

15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.

16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.

17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

18) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear..

19) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

20) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

Let's face it - English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. English muffins weren't invented in England or French fries in France . Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat. We take English for granted. But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.

And why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth, beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese? One index, 2 indices? Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend? If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it?

If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? Sometimes I think all the English speakers should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane. In what language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell?

How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites? You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out and in which, an alarm goes off by going on.

English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human race, which, of course, is not a race at all. That is why, when the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ygemyha8.jpg

More bunnies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now it would appear to work beautifully thx TT and Dennis