• other

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I went to the DSM, EVO, GTR shoot out last august and looked at 8-9 second cars. Care to know how many where running factory plugs? All of them :)

Not to travel too far off topic, but short of a window sticker, there is no way to see the "plugs" on these vehicles unless you're the tech inspector taking them apart!

Just sayin.. .. .. That'd be like looking at my bike and telling others what plug I'm running.

Gap matters. New parts can be bad, Attention to detail is the biggest bang per buck as it costs nothing.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to travel too far off topic, but short of a window sticker, there is no way to see the "plugs" on these vehicles unless you're the tech inspector taking them apart!

Just sayin.. .. .. That'd be like looking at my bike and telling others what plug I'm running.

Gap matters. New parts can be bad, Attention to detail is the biggest bang per buck as it costs nothing.

Or maybe....... And this is going out on a limb, but maybe be apart of DSM forums, read build journals, hell even go as far as to ask them maybe?

Not to sound like a butt, but I even googled "what plugs does the alpha omega nissan GTR use?"

Albeit it only has 2000+hp.... This is what I came up with. Alpha omega performances. 7 second car, running Stock plugs and the guy underneath going to put his "stock" ones back in.

Can we just let this thread go? I know everyone has an opinion everything else on this subject has been beat to death , quit grasping straws. Sorry if I seem rude. No more cigarettes put me on edge. If you would even read where I meant cheap aftermarket knock offs and not referring to platinums or I/Rs even tho all they really do is last longer. So in my opinion it's not really an upgrade. Yes, if you got off your bike and I said "what plugs do you run?" Would you shrug? Because if you did un vote please.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No worries and no more to be said. Checking your plugs to see they are in fact burning at the correct temp matters. All that other stuff is well - just stuff.
I do stand by my choice of conventional plug w/ a single 90° ground strap. Bike is happy!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No worries and no more to be said. Checking your plugs to see they are in fact burning at the correct temp matters. All that other stuff is well - just stuff.
I do stand by my choice of conventional plug w/ a single 90° ground strap. Bike is happy!

BUT, would the electrons prefer two grounding straps or one and at what resistance, vs the iridum vs a Bosch plug, NKG, etc... Of course the gap/heat range, alignment of the groung strap to to the combustion chamber in relation to the intake valves of course all factor into the matter...

What kind of spark plugs are jet engines running??? That would be the ticket!!! 5,000 hp, a red line of 50,000 RPM's, me needs a set of those pligs!!! hummmm, :spank:

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BUT, would the electrons prefer two grounding straps or one and at what resistance, vs the iridum vs a Bosch plug, NKG, etc... Of course the gap/heat range, alignment of the groung strap to to the combustion chamber in relation to the intake valves of course all factor into the matter...

What kind of spark plugs are jet engines running??? That would be the ticket!!! 5,000 hp, a red line of 50,000 RPM's, me needs a set of those pligs!!! hummmm, :spank:

Ahhh, April fools Scott!
Turbines use igniters for start up only, we had F4TA turbines on the CG Cutter I was on.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhh, April fools Scott!
Turbines use igniters for start up only, we had F4TA turbines on the CG Cutter I was on.

Unfortunatly, I posted that originally on 1-4-14 being a smart a$$. Someone edited or did something today to bring the thread back, BUT, I'll accept as my April Fools Day shenanigan!! Blah

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
To the poll that won't die! And now it will "look" as tho I'm the last one to post.... :popcorn::popcorn:

Ride more, vote less! :rockon:

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys :D

anyone signed up at ADVRider forums? someone posted this pic and question in the FZ6 thread over there and i want to be able to answer / help as the thread is somewhat dead, usually

figured i would link the post here and one of you can go there and answer....OR answer it here and i will copy / paste and sound real smart over there! Blah

would kinda like to know, myself. and what is that white stuff, anyway? i figure just some harmless corrosion from weather...but who knows?!

ADVrider - View Single Post - Official FZ6 Thread

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site

anyone signed up at ADVRider forums? someone posted this pic and question in the FZ6 thread over there and i want to be able to answer / help as the thread is somewhat dead, usually

figured i would link the post here and one of you can go there and answer....OR answer it here and i will copy / paste and sound real smart over there! Blah

would kinda like to know, myself. and what is that white stuff, anyway? i figure just some harmless corrosion from weather...but who knows?!

The "white stuff" on plug 1 is corrosion. Some water must have snuck in underneath the plug cover. That said, the electrodes look pretty close to a good chocolate brown which means he isn't running too lean or too rich.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Maybe this will ring a bell! The "HOLE" everyone talks about! I looked in it! :D

Plug on right is the one next to the weep hole. Far more likely that during washing - people shoot water into the hole and cause what you see here....
IMG_20141123_134341_990_zpsb80be358.jpg

FWIW: plugs are so clean and white I dropped to a cooler plug. CR10E is in it now...

deathjam4

Reaction score
Visit site
I’ll be putting some iridium ngk plugs in myself but I’ll be heading to Canadian tire and get the high end xtreme ones just for the sake of it.