Height 5'8": FZ1 or FZ6R handle bar, that is the question!

If I were 5'8", I would:

• Total voters

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
First of all, Happy Holidays to all my FZ6 family.

In light of the topic..... I am 5'8". With FZ1 bars. I have short legs with long arms.. Any where between a 35"and 37" reach depending on where your measuring.. I also have a tall upper half with broad shoulders. In several non- associated circles I have been nicknamed knuckle dragger. I found the FZ1 bar spread from wrist to wrist is much better. In my experience in the changing of the bars, losing the elevation of the bars is a little more difficult. In light of when I did my initial install I went back and forth to the fz1 bars with 1.4" risers. Aesthetically, I think the FZ1 bars look better..... But in practicality I think it's better to get a bar with more of a spread for your wrists (like with the FZ1 bars), but already have a rise. Example, FZ6R bars. This is if your going to a more relaxed position. Ergos are tough dude, one individual can be seldom the same for another. you probably also want to think of the wind buffeting while your at it. What height is your windshield?

Last edited:

SAFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I have also been considering FZ 1 bars for my 2008 FZ6. Would love too give it a go. Can anyone suggest some sites for reasonable prices on FZ 1 bars.
Thanks
SAFZ

samlynn37

Reaction score
Visit site
i am 5'8", and have the renthal streetfighter bar, couldnt be happier. never tried the fz1 bar so cant really comment, but the renthal is awsome!!!

dnsn

Reaction score
Visit site
hi frens,

hope you all doing well.

i too would like to change my handle bar for a sportier ride. i do intend to take my bike on track. having taken ones to brands hatch i thot i was just cruising with the upright position.

i have an 08 fz6- naked version (single headlight). could you all tell me if the fz1 handle bar fits my bike ?

i saw 2 different fz1 handle bar in a sh/rm and the sales man wasnt of any help. he told me forums have more experience than us :)

1 bar looked straight and the other one had a bent in the middle. so which bar should i buy ? i am confused.. its gbp38 for an fz1 bar.

i would prefer a black one :) yes for the looks too..

please advise me..thanks all.. ride safe !!

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
hi frens,

hope you all doing well.

i too would like to change my handle bar for a sportier ride. i do intend to take my bike on track. having taken ones to brands hatch i thot i was just cruising with the upright position.

i have an 08 fz6- naked version (single headlight). could you all tell me if the fz1 handle bar fits my bike ?

i saw 2 different fz1 handle bar in a sh/rm and the sales man wasnt of any help. he told me forums have more experience than us :)

1 bar looked straight and the other one had a bent in the middle. so which bar should i buy ? i am confused.. its gbp38 for an fz1 bar.

The FZ1 bar should fit fine. There is a ton of threads on the topic on this forum. Primarily, two of the main reasons to change to the FZ1 bars is to
1) reposition the wrists.
2) and the hardware from the FZ6 bar will transfer directly over to the FZ1 bar, based on the diameter of the bar.

I believe everything from 2007 and up will work.

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
hi frens,

hope you all doing well.

The FZ1 bar should fit fine. There is a ton of threads on the topic on this forum. Primarily, two of the main reasons to change to the FZ1 bars is to
1) reposition the wrists.
2) and the hardware from the FZ6 bar will transfer directly over to the FZ1 bar, based on the diameter of the bar.

I believe everything from 2007 and up will work. I am not familiar with the other variant.

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
I really disliked the stock bars on my FZ6 when I got it and thought about swapping bars.

Then I thought I would try just adjusting the angle so that it matched the angle of my hands more. I got the right size allen wrench and ended up moving the bars a few degrees towards the seat. Maybe it was 5 degrees, not sure, I had visualized how I would want them before I loosened the bolts, and then just made that adjustment.

For me that fixed the problem it worked much better for the angle of my hands. I did need to then adjust the brake and clutch levers a little to make everything work well with my hands, but really happy with the stock bars now, and hey, it was free to me!

Last edited:

oc3digital

Reaction score
Visit site
This is my first post I think. I do a lot of reading and i can usually find everything I need without actually asking the question. I thought this may help. To me this forum has been invaluable, so please accept my contribution. 2008 FZ6 Bars vs 2009 FZ6R bars.

View attachment 46710

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally gave in and tracked down a pair from a member on the fz6r forum. I've wanted to try them for a while just couldnt get over how awesome the fz1 bars are. Recently my lower back has been hurting, not sure why, but I'll see if the fz6r bars changes that.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got them in yesterday, first thing I noticed is they are a little narrower than stock bars. Just waiting on new grips.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is my first post I think. I do a lot of reading and i can usually find everything I need without actually asking the question. I thought this may help. To me this forum has been invaluable, so please accept my contribution. 2008 FZ6 Bars vs 2009 FZ6R bars.

View attachment 46710

:welcome: to the best forum on the web! :D

Are the bars on the top in the picture the FZ6r bars?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interested on how you find the difference, and what your preference becomes. I too am considering the FZ6R bar.

I've been riding with them for a couple weeks now, I almost hate to admit it, but I really like them. They put you in a relaxed riding position and I felt less distracted for some reason, hard to explain. I'll prob put the fz1 bars back on later, but for now I'm gonna rock these.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
When I first started riding my FZ6, I thought the angle of the stock bars was the cause of my wrist pain, so I fiddled with that, and it eventually got better.

Then recently I noticed that on long rides, I had a lot of pressure on the outsides of my palms, so I changed it back. Immediately the pressure on my palms eased (and my outside two fingers stopped going numb--bonus). And no wrist pain. Hmmm.

I suspect the discomfort I had with the stock bars in the stock position was from my wimpy wrist muscles.

Oh, and I'm 5'4".

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
Where can I find FZ1 bars and is it an easy straightforward install?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk