Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thanks Thanks:  40
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Do you use ear plugs to prevent hearing damage.

Voters
380. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I wear them all the time

200 52.63%
  • No never used them..

142 37.37%
  • Pardon......

38 10.00%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sportrider_fz6 View Post
    no I've never worn them, but my ears are shot anyways. I've never had my ears ring from wind noise, maybe its just me but I've ridden freeway speeds on my sportster with one of those "german" brain buckets and even then the noise didn't bug me.
    Me and you are going to have hearing aids at 40 years old.

wrightme43
    Hey, I hope this doesnt come across as me preaching, its not meant that way.

Hearing damage is culmuative. You can arrest the loss now. I was a sonarman on nuclear submarines. We had two events where we were listening with close to maximum amplification with headphones on when a overwhelming noise occured. My ears rang for a week after the worst one. I know that damaged my hearing. I do not have to keep damaging my hearing.

Imagine this, your grandson come up to you asks for a cookie, but you cant hear it. Your granddaughter wraps her arms around your leg and says I love you, but you dont hear it.

Earplugs are cheap man. Its a part of the gear.
    Helmet, gloves, jacket, pants, boots, plugs, and a gas card. Ride on.

P.S. if you actually get the good ones, you wont even know they are there. I promise you will actually ride better with them in. Try it just to prove me wrong if you have to. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme43 View Post
    Hey, I hope this doesnt come across as me preaching, its not meant that way.

Hearing damage is culmuative. You can arrest the loss now. I was a sonarman on nuclear submarines. We had two events where we were listening with close to maximum amplification with headphones on when a overwhelming noise occured. My ears rang for a week after the worst one. I know that damaged my hearing. I do not have to keep damaging my hearing.

Imagine this, your grandson come up to you asks for a cookie, but you cant hear it. Your granddaughter wraps her arms around your leg and says I love you, but you dont hear it.

Earplugs are cheap man. Its a part of the gear.
    Helmet, gloves, jacket, pants, boots, plugs, and a gas card. Ride on.

P.S. if you actually get the good ones, you wont even know they are there. I promise you will actually ride better with them in. Try it just to prove me wrong if you have to. LOL
    My hearing is already done I operate heavy equipment and freeway grinders for a living. I have also drag raced and rode dirt bikes forever. I'm already done.

sportrider
    Quote Originally Posted by poorwboy View Post
    Me and you are going to have hearing aids at 40 years old.
    what???? huh???? you going to have to speak louder I couldn't hear you (lol)

sportrider
    where's the pics? what the *&^%
    hey VEGASRIDER where did your post go?????????
    Last edited by sportrider; 07-19-2007 at 10:43 PM. Reason: vegasrider is a magician

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme43 View Post
    My ears rang for a week after the worst one. I know that damaged my hearing.
    I came out of an AC/DC concert in 1977 like that. Sounded like everyone was talking like Donald Duck :O)

wrightme43
    LOL
    Ours was pretty cool. We had been tracking another countries submarine, the watch section after ours had lost it. We came back on watch, and were trying to find it. Looking and listening, we knew it was near but not just how close. Then it did (I believe it was a test) of the emergency blow system, and bounced to the roof. How much ever air it takes to pop a huge nuclear submarine almost completely out of the water, dumped into the ballast tanks at once, is hella stupid noisy by itself. Listening with across a large portion of 1144 hydrophones turned up almost to max for the slightest whisper when it happens hurts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That must have hurt like hell?

wrightme43
    LOL it was exciting. People in the boat heard it with out even being in sonar. I have no real idea how close we came to collision and death, but it was way way way to close.

100K Mile Member Ear plugs or no ear plugs that is the question? VEGASRIDER's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danny, sorry for the belated reply, bu I put my pics in the photo gallery section.

VEGASRIDER AKA "the magician"

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast