Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thanks Thanks:  40
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Do you use ear plugs to prevent hearing damage.

Voters
380. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I wear them all the time

200 52.63%
  • No never used them..

142 37.37%
  • Pardon......

38 10.00%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ear plugs or no ear plugs that is the question?

Went for a trip to a neighboring country halfway without ear plugs (I forgot to put them on - my friend gave them to me at the start of our trip) and the sound of the wind is deafening at 180km.

Put them on for the second half of the trip and it was a blissful ride apart from my butt feeling sore (It's been a long while since I've been touring).

So ear plugs is a definite must on my next tour.

2. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any time I'm planning to get on the highway or go more than a couple miles I wear earplugs.

The difference is night and day. So much less wind noise without cutting out any of the stuff you need to hear.

For anyone who thinks they're dangerous: Try them first. You'll be astonished at how much BETTER you can hear important things.

I bought a giant box of Moldex Spark Plugs. They work great (33 dB rating) and they're cheap enough I can afford to just toss them and grab a new set whenever.

4. Thanks Nelly thanked for this post
    Ride like you own it..! raja777m's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More than 5 miles of interstate in my route? Yes to ear plugs..!
    08 FZ6: SOLD
    ~12v Outlet and USB~Red Reflective Rim stickers~Cortech Micro 2.0 Tank Bag~Carbon Fibre Frame Sliders~Scorpio SR-i900R~FE unknown brand~Sony AZ1VR and handle bar mount~Sony AS100VR with helmet mount~OPT7 LED underglow~Nokya H4 and H7 Arctic white~Go Cruise 2 Aluminum throttle Lock~Garmin Nuvi 1390 with suction cup~FZ09's Handlebar mirrors~park lights, FZ1 style~

https://raja777m.wordpress.com/2015/06/25/tamedbeast-fz6/

6. Thanks Nelly thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never worn earplugs to ride before however, it is under serious consideration now with the FZ6. After 12 years in the military and law enforcement I've lost enough hearing as it is. The wind buffeting at highway speeds is deafening and I really do not like the looks of the tall touring windscreens. The only other thing I am considering is cutting down my windscreen which I know a few people on here have done.
    Last edited by Lopezius; 04-18-2017 at 08:11 AM.

8. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure which ear plugs are best but been using eargasm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been using the orange 3M foam plugs from Home Depot...

Go Naked- Its liberating Ear plugs or no ear plugs that is the question? agf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just started using these on Monday

https://www.flareaudio.com/collections/isolate-mini

they work pretty well, I'll keep you all posted how they last, so far they feel pretty comfy and they do waht the marketing says
    cheers
    Adrian

MODS:
    Delkovics, OGGY KNOBS, tank protector, rim tape, Sharkskin grip buddies, FAZR6's decals & FE, swingarm plugs, HVMP Bar-Ends, AMHeadlight Protector, BEOWULF Rad Guard, Stebel horn, HEALTECH Gear ind., tender wiring, HEL s/s brake lines, JPR Levers, KN's clutch mod, custom seat, oso2k rearsets, townsendFJR1300's lock bracket, Barkbusters, carbon front fender extender, https://www.facebook.com/adrian.flint1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had eargasm which I thought were good, but just bought some nonoise made for motor sport and they are amazing!!!
    They can be found on revzilla, but can be bought from anywhere.
    What impressed me is that the almost eliminate all the wind noise, you can still hear everything else although not as loud as with nothing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had custom molded earplugs made up for me locally for $60 as recommended by another local rider.

They're low profile for ease of wearing under helmets and should last about 8 years.

I can insert them perfectly and consistently with ease instead of faffing about with disposables to get the right level of noise cancellation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a great idea to wear them.
    I tried it out a couple of times and found it awkward not hearing the engine in the same way and having limited awareness of the revs etc. But all of that is a question of getting used to.

It feels wrong to do relatively long trips daily with a loud exhaust and no hearing protection.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718