Gas in Oil Reserve What to check next

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
Gas is getting into the oil and overfilling the oil reserve tank and constantly fouling my third cylinder spark plug. Here is what a shop has done so far: checked valves, no adjustment needed, did a throttle body sync., adjustment needed and thought this would solve my problem, injector fine. Would it be a seal, cracked cylinder head, something else. Bike has 115k miles, runs great, doesn't even smoke, just keeps on getting gas in the oil. Thanks for ideas.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had bikes that have done this in the past. But in every case it was a failed vacuum operated pet**** that allowed fuel to drain through the carb directly into the cylinder while the bike was at rest. I looked (briefly) in the FSM to see where the fuel path is after the fuel regulator and there might be such a path in the fuel rail itself. But without first-hand knowledge I'm just guessing. Perhaps some of the other members can help identify the pathway between the fuel rail and vacuum system or cylinder head.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like #3 cylinder injector is leaking... Time to yank it and get it cleaned or replaced...

It would explain the fouling of the cylinder and then the fuel is seeping past the rings into the crankcase..

*It'd be even better to have all injectors cleaned...