Round headlight on stock naked headlight mount?

mb27

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone ever mounted a round headlight on the stock FZ6N headlight bracket?

Is it even possible? Looks like you might be able to fit a 5 to 6 inch headlight in there.

But I'm not sure whether it would actually work or whether the light would look right cosmetically.

Any comments / suggestions?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the OEM FZ6N bracket since we didn't get them here in the US. But with that said, I just installed a headlight on my FZ. If I remember correctly, there is about 6.75 inches between the inner forks. A 6" headlight would fit, you may have to make a few spacers from tubing to make up any space.

Do you have a photo of the mounting location?

BTW, I installed brackets on my forks on which I could mount a headlight. If you don't like the mounting location that the OEM bracket provides, you can always use aftermarket brackets.

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
If the proper FZ6N headlight mount is anything like the eBay conversion kit that I got online I would say, probably not. The mounts for the headlight on my kit were between the two forks by at least 1/2 an inch on each side. You can always fab something up that connects to the mount and then goes wider. I would think the easier and prettier route would be to go with standard bunny ear headlight clamps (FZ6 fork tubes are 43mm for reference), and then modify the OEM mount.

But honestly your headlight mount could be completely different than the conversion, I would never know. On the conversion it was one single piece that bolted under the upper triple, which held the speedometer and headlight/side covers. I will be curious to know if there is any difference with the proper mount. Keep us posted!

mb27

Reaction score
Visit site

daisbrown

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually contacted that guy from reddit.. asked him about the bike. I wanted to do the same conversion.. ended up doing the standard kit. Nice guy..

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
The standard eBay kit? The second link you provided is actually a FZ6R, not sure if you realize that. You do have a FZ6 and not a FZ6R right?

Where in SC are you BTW?