Stock muffler length

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
As the title says, I am looking for the stock muffler length, and the length of the short pipe that is attached to it. I'd like to dump it in favor of sticking on a y-pipe and other cans. I'd measure mine if I could, but it gets put away for the winter, so I can't get to it. If I know the length, I can start planning on pipe and muffler lengths. It seems as though the overall length would be around 20-24 inches, about. I know the under seat space works around that short pipe, so I have to work around that. I'd like to be able to keep the space under it, since it can hold water and a snack for day trips.

Thanks, guys!

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess no one has ever measured this? I suppose it isn't a common thing for people to do!

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
If you could, that would be super! However, if you have to dig things out, don't work too hard on it. :thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you could, that would be super! However, if you have to dig things out, don't work too hard on it. :thumbup:

I reckon the pipe is about 38 cm long, depends on how you measure it, point to point or follow the bend. I've thrown in as many photos that I hope will give you the guidance you need for your modIMG_1331.jpgIMG_1329.jpgIMG_1327.jpgIMG_1322.jpgIMG_1321.jpgIMG_1320.jpg

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
So about 38cm for the pipe. Looks like the muffler itself is as long, if not slightly longer. So about what, 80cm? Well, that gives me some idea on what I have to work with.
Thanks!:Flash:

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
So about 38cm for the pipe. Looks like the muffler itself is as long, if not slightly longer. So about what, 80cm? Well, that gives me some idea on what I have to work with.
Thanks!:Flash:

Just measured mine. Pipe is about 37.5 cm, muffler body about 42cm if measured from tip.