What is my specific model of 2008 FZ6?

regrebrief

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am a new owner of an FZ6 (just about 100 miles so far, after buying it this November). I am looking at Yamaha's site for OEM parts and I see like four options for FZ6 models...

• FZ6 (FZS6XB)
  • FZ6 (FZS6XCB) CA
  • FZ6 (FZS6XCL) CA
  • FZ6 (FZS6XL)

How do I know which one my bike is?

On another hand, where do you guys buy most of your parts? At a dealer? Where online?

Thanks!

Dan

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am a new owner of an FZ6 (just about 100 miles so far, after buying it this November). I am looking at Yamaha's site for OEM parts and I see like four options for FZ6 models...

• FZ6 (FZS6XB)
  • FZ6 (FZS6XCB) CA
  • FZ6 (FZS6XCL) CA
  • FZ6 (FZS6XL)

How do I know which one my bike is?

On another hand, where do you guys buy most of your parts? At a dealer? Where online?

Thanks!

Dan
I have an 05, so I am not sure what the .XA and XB are. But the .CA variants are those with California emissions equipment, like the EVAP canister to capture fumes from the gas tank. Oftentimes the parts are the same, so the actual model is insignificant.

As for buying parts, for OEM I use partzilla, boats.net, shs powersports, and others. Shop them on price but they are usually close. Usually it is shipping that is the tiebreaker. Get on their mailing lists and wait for their free shipping deals. I never buy knockoffs from eBay etc. This sport is exciting enough without wondering if parts are going to work correctly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Plus 1 ^^^.

I use Partzilla (never had an issue, fast shipping): https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2008/fz6-fzs6xcl

In their website, it only shows TWO FZs, the California model and for the rest of the states. The link I posted IS for your bike.

If you need the owners manual, PM me, I have it as a PDF.

And welcome to the forum and congrates on the bike!

regrebrief

Reaction score
Visit site
trepetti: Thanks for the suggestions. I figured it might have to do with Cali emissions, but wasn't sure. Still haven't found anything on how to distinguish between the XB and XL... Maybe ABS? I have bookmarked your parts sites. Thanks again!

TownsendsFJR1300: Is Partzilla in any way affiliated with Revzilla? I find it super interesting that their names are so close. At any rate, my best friend is the one who got me into bikes. He has been riding since he was 17 (I guess that makes 8 years now) and he preaches the same sermon about OEM parts. I work on my Jeep a lot and have the same philosophy, except for when certain parts are more robust than stock (upgrading). Different animal, but same concept kind of. Thanks for the offer on the owner's manual. I have the owners manual and actually printed it out and got it spiral bound here on campus! Haha. It only cost me about 8 bucks, so I felt it was worth it. Do you happen to have the FSM? That would be super helpful for me, as I plan to do most work myself, and that is always a helpful tool.

Thanks again to you both, and ride safe!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Revzilla is not related to Partzilla.

Partzilla IS part of Boats.net (big company) and considerably cheaper..

I'll order Yamaha boat engine parts as well as FZ parts in the same order to get free shipping...

You also have mail!

Last edited:

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've used partzilla, bikebandit, ronayers and a few others. None of them are systematically cheaper, so use whichever one you like to find the part numbers and then google the part number to see if amazon or someone has it for way cheaper. Usually not.

It also usually makes sense to save up a bunch of OEM purchases at a time and go with one place so you get free shipping on everything.