Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all
I may not be too active for a while
Had some tests today that indicated i was due for a pretty final kind of heart attack in the next month or so....
Big ol by-pass surgery for the left main artery and a few others while they’re at it

I’m off the road till Xmas- damn I hate that- i had the best commutes yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Best wishes with the surgery.. Good you caught it early...

With that said, my step dad had numerous (5 at one time) by-passes done years back.
The advances now a days makes it almost same day surgery.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Our best thoughts will be with you Ade! It's pretty amazing what they can do today. You'll be back on that ride in no time.

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really sorry to hear Ade, but lucky they caught it, wishing you strength with the surgery, and a speedy recovery :thumbup:

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all
I may not be too active for a while
Had some tests today that indicated i was due for a pretty final kind of heart attack in the next month or so....
Big ol by-pass surgery for the left main artery and a few others while they’re at it

I’m off the road till Xmas- damn I hate that- i had the best commutes yesterday

You may be out of action riding, but we still look forward to your insight and contributions. As stated, they (the doctors) generally know what is best and the end result is that you will be here with us for some time to come. So heed all recovery therapies and you will again be mounting your loyal steed before you know it. Take care and best of luck with your surgery and recovery. Ken
:thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, that is a major repair. Please check back and keep us posted. Had a coworker who had similar surgery, surgery was planned but then turned into emergency like now! He's back at work. Best wishes from the states.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So this is not an experience i would reccomend but better than the horrible alternative. I head home for about ten weeks r n r tomorrow morning.
All i can say is find out about heart health and your own situation
I have been incredibly fortunate to be cared for by excellent medical personel, in surgery and post care and now my good lady wife
Look after yourselves, read those little signs and talk to your GP
cheers

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Please get healed up soon brother Ade!

Sent from my QTAXIA1 using Tapatalk

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah Greg takes a full 3 months for the full bone knit to original strength- the 10 weeks is more being muscle happy and could be 8 weeks so im opting halfway but even the surgeon said, ”you’ll just know when its the right time”
Ive already had an offer to put my bike to bed any night i think needed i gotta say, apart from the sales staff and a couple of mechanics, the Wasp has only been ridden by ........ me!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't say from personal experience but work inside is one thing and the access needed for said repairs can change ones life taking away a level of independence that most outgoing folk have hard time with. Thoughts are with you Ade and I trust that you have compassionate care givers and openess in regards to this temporary situation and that you know each day you will get stronger.

Think of future mods to the Wasp and build a list...

Kind regards...

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Hey Hey,
i took my first ride today, It was 10 weeks last Thursday since they went heart diving in my chest. I have done 10 Re-Hab sessions ,with my last one next Tuesday.
It felt golden to fire up the bike with the gear on, Kez handed me my helmet at the end of the drive and off I went!

Only went out for a 20 minute run but it felt soooo good to be back on the road. Tomorrow off for more blood tests but I get there myself on the bike. Then I meet my boss for lunch, on the bike. Liberty, yay! I am free to go when and where again all at my own pace. Not that I have had limitations, but now I am in the hot seat again so to speak. Until you havn't had the freedom I don't think you know how much you'll miss it!

Anyway, recovery has been good, I make steady progress. The nursing staff are happy with my recuperation. I won't resume any work 'til 23 Feb and then only 50% but we'll start upping the hours from there.
Not a fun process to go thru but I would recommend you check with your DR that you are in good condition. I feel so much better now that I did 2.5 months ago!

Ride safe folks
ATGATT

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear the repair work went well and that you're out riding again! I hope your odometers have a great many more miles in them.