Stearing bar issue?

andrius7

Reaction score
Visit site
ANGLŲ K. – APTIKTA

ANGLŲ

Hi all, i'am new on here, just didnt find any thread about my prob.. So, i land my bike for my friend, he droped it and now iam having issues, allready replaced stearing bar, stearing bar bearing, one slider... but it looks to me that my stearing now isnt straight.. or mayby its my brains still angry on my friend? My Q is what should i look now?

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like the forks are slightly twisted. I have a friend who owns a bike shop. when I first got the Fz6 he looked over my bike and told me forks were a little off. he pushed the front wheel against a hard object and applied force (by hand) on the handle bars in the direction needing to correct it. It's been perfect ever since. had the FZ6 8 years.

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed that it's likely the forks are twisted. The meticulous way to fix this is to
loosen the nuts on the fender, axle and lower triple pinch bolts.
Hold the front brake and bounce the front end of the bike a few times,
then retighten everything from the top down.

andrius7

Reaction score
Visit site
Will try to do so..on monday, i hope it will work out.. i cant drive my bike with that feeling
should i rebuilt front forks?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If the bike has a stoke FULL FAIRING, it's very possible the "FAIRING STAY" is bent.

It doesn't take much of a tip over to bend it. Put the bike on the center stand, sit on the bike and put the steering straight.

If it's bent, you'll see one side higher than the other. The gap between the tank and the fairing will also be tighter on one side or the other.

Part #15: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2007/fz6-fzs6w/cowling-1

Last edited: