A rider waiting for an accident

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I had an encounter with a rider on what looked like an older Suzuki Bandit today.

Have you ever seen a rider just doing everything wrong?

This guy was riding in the far right of the lane, myopically riding half a car length behind the vehicles in front. Every time he got a clear space, he'd pin the throttle to ride the bumper of the next car.

I hope the guy gets a clue before he hurts himself. To top it off he had a large "SHOW YOUR T**S" decal across his helmet right under the visor. Geeze.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One of the scariest things that another motorcyclist (go fast) did to me was to pass me in the same lane.

I ride one side or the other depending (out of mid lane oil/crap). He was EASILY 40 MPH FASTER than me.

I never saw him coming, (dusk). Knock on wood I didn't change lane position.. SOB...

You'll read about your guy in the paper sooner or later Darius... Those are the guys that give all cyclists bad names...:(

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll read about your guy in the paper sooner or later Darius... Those are the guys that give all cyclists bad names...:(

Yes, he doesn't help our image. He also had no gear other than helmet and gloves. Jeans, sneakers and hoody flapping about.

Following my training keeps me out of trouble on the road. While watching him I wondered whether this guy took any or just doesn't care.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol to be fair this is how I ride like 80% of the time.

I'm the same, gear wise

Top of the line helmet, leather vented gloves, jeans, sneakers, If chilly/cold-a very HD leather jacket.

My vented, summer textile jacket "shrunk" over the last couple of years. :( No one down here
carries good, summer ONLY jackets in stock. Ordered a couple on-line, couldn't find anything that fit correctly...

Last edited:

Pujazuba

Testing...gnitseT
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds bad.

The only time I've had a scare with another biker is when I was on a three-lane low speed highway section about to change lanes to the right. I looked in my side mirror and checked the blind spot real quick before leaning in, like always, which is when I caught a glimpse of a maniac on a bike who jumped into that same lane, went passed me very fast and continued lane hopping onward. Every now and then checking the blind spot has saved me just like this situation and you're reminded it's a worthwhile habit!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds bad.

The only time I've had a scare with another biker is when I was on a three-lane low speed highway section about to change lanes to the right. I looked in my side mirror and checked the blind spot real quick before leaning in, like always, which is when I caught a glimpse of a maniac on a bike who jumped into that same lane, went passed me very fast and continued lane hopping onward. Every now and then checking the blind spot has saved me just like this situation and you're reminded it's a worthwhile habit!

Yep, I'm the same, very conscious on what's going on around me, "have an out", etc.

But someone coming up that fast, un-less your looking in your mirror 98% at approx 40 MPH, you won't see him....

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Reminds me. Luck doesn't last a lifetime. Unless you die young. You can't control risk. But you CAN manage it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can assure you, he won't be riding for long if he continues riding like that. It's hard to communicate to a rider when you see something like that. Last year, I was riding back from Idaho to Reno and I was on the Interstate. There was this cruiser who was 2 up drafting behind a big 18 wheeler, hanging around the "No Zone", too many things can go wrong for a motorcyclist if you hang around big rigs at 70 mph.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes some people are idiots. No value for there own life. :( Sad because it will come back to bite him some day unless he grows up.

The part that scares me most about this scenerio is that it leaves the rest of us responsible riders at risk. He might just p*ss off the wrong (or right person depending how you look at it) and they decide to take it out on us as we respectful ride down the road. I've seen it happen.

The worse thing that happened to me was...I was riding on a two lane road with heavy traffic. Everyone is going along about 25mph. I'm with my hubby and we're riding staggered, so I'm in the right track. A H-D rider comes up behind me and reves his engine with loud pipes and scares the cr*p out of me. I knew he was behind me a car or two, but didn't see him pass (I don't know how he did because traffic was solid both ways). He passed me on the left quickly in my lane. P*ssed me off. No need for that. No one was going any where quick.

Now, don't get me started about cagers.....