Led turn signal dim to working then off again

FZSizzle

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I have had this 06 fz6 for about 3 years now and love it. The guy I bought it from did hid headlights along with led marker lights and rizoma led fairing signals. Up until a couple weeks ago the right side fairing signal stays illuminated while the marker (both blink when signal is on) is dim sometimes then sometimes it will work properly and sometimes not at all. While the fairing signal just shines with no blink action. Any suggestions? I'm a hands on guy but I don't want to tear down something that is unnecessary. Any pointers would be appreciated!!
8936a157d405324eb1378e6be01c3188.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to be clear I would want to confirm that it's your pod light in the fairing that blinks in conjunction with your turn indicator light on that same side. This light is intermittently dimming or not working.

The first thing I would do is pull the lamp and insure the contacts are proper. Other than that you would need to find where those pod light connections have been made and check the integrity of those connections.
Last but not least is the device that would control the flashing of the pod(running) lights. This would be the flasher relay. It is conceivable that if the flasher is being used as a ground path when the other directional light are at 0 vdc, that the properties of both pod lights are equal. I've mentioned this a few times on the forum, that using the flasher relay assembly directly for pod light/running light flashing could be a potential for problems.

If the rest of the circuit seems to work I would first suspect the lamp connection which I believe is a T10 type lamp. It would have small,folded wire contacts at the base of the lamp and is a common problem...:)

FZSizzle

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so I have let this go as long with no reply because it has been working now after that post. Just had that one anomaly for about a month during post. I'm not going to dig into it as long as it's working because I don't want to cause another problem. Thanks for the interest guys, and I may be back if I start having the problem again. When I bought the bike it had all led changes to blinkers (all around) with rizoma on extruding blinkers, led tail with rolling blinker in stop/tail lt, and led mods inside headlight housing along with hid change.