Clunky FZ6S2

ottoatom

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I had the chain and sprockets changed a few days ago on my FZ6 as they were all rusty and worn out (20k miles and probably never changed).

Since the service there is a noise I dont remember having heard before. Whenever I release the throttle and twist it again there is a"clunk" noise coming from the lower part of the bike. It happens when I am on 1st and 2nd for sure, it might happen on the other ones as well but I cant hear it. This is not the clunk you hear when changing gear, this happens when riding at normal speeds and when I engage the clutch and twist the throttle.

Is this something someone has already experienced?

thx

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You want to make sure the sprocket assemblies have been properly installed properly. There should be no play between the rear spocket and the wheel. There may be missing cush drive rubbers at the rear wheel or the front sprocket may be loose, Also check the chain slack to see that it is to specification. You should have about 1.8 inch slack. Others will chime in....

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You want to make sure the sprocket assemblies have been properly installed properly. There should be no play between the rear spocket and the wheel. There may be missing cush drive rubbers at the rear wheel or the front sprocket may be loose, Also check the chain slack to see that it is to specification. You should have about 1.8 inch slack. Other will chime in....

Those were my thoughts exactly. ^^^ Thanks for saving me the effort of typing it. :thumbup:

I can't imagine someone loosing the cush drive rubbers but stranger things have happened.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very likely NOT your issue but put the bike on the CC.

Check chain play at the taughtest point. It should be about 2" or 50mms TOTAL up and down.

Many shops OVER TIGHTEN the chain