Any FZ6 Owners in Charlotte, NC

Mister E

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to find out if any of you are in Charlotte, NC.

I recently bought a 2008 FZ6.

It has a little over 10K miles.

Shifting in lower gears seems a little clunky. Very noticeable when going Neutral to 1st and 1st to 2nd.

It also feels like I have to use very little clutch when shifting.

I haven't ridden in 10 years and the last time I had a bike it was a Kawasaki Ninja 250 and I bought it used and shifting seemed much smoother.

The bike had 2 owners prior to me and I have no clue how it was ridden.

Anyways, since I have no point of reference, I was hoping to meet up with a fellow FZ6 rider to see if what I am experiencing is normal for this bike or if I need to do some maintenance on the bike.

Allan

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Doesn't sound like anything that can't be diagnosed online.

The FZ6 has a sport bike clutch with very narrow range of engagement that takes some getting used to. Ensure the clutch cable is lubed and the lever adjusted to begin engagement at about halfway out. If the cable is at all iffy, get a new OEM replacement.

Change the engine oil if you haven't already. Lube the shifter linkages and ensure they operate freely through all gears. Preloading the shifter prior to changing gears will really help.

All of the above being well, the FZ6 should shift nicely. The bike does like high RPM well coordinated fast shifts. Low RPM short shifts in traffic can be tricky.