Moving to the dark side... well, almost

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After 13 years on my FZ-6, some months of deliberating, test riding, cajoling the wife and perusing the bank balance over and over I finally did it.

I bought an MT-09 Tracer.

Last weekend we had our annual bike show and Yamaha had a show special of $750 off the sticker price of $10,600 so I decided the time was right and on Monday I put down a deposit for the dealer to order me a blue one.

Since then I have been having fun buying additional goodies, such as a Givi rack for my topboxes, an R&G Tail Tidy which I bought at the show as well (50% off) and today I sprang for an Akrapovic Carbon Racing Line pipe. I still want to get a Stebel Nautilus once I get the bike and make sure there is space for it, Rizoma Sportline grips, engine sliders and a paddock stand as the centre stand will have to go to make way for the pipe.

The dealer told me the bike should be there tomorrow and I told them not to uncrate it until I get there, pictures to follow :rockon:

I still haven't decided what to do with the Fazer and I don't know where the newbie will park as I don't have much space. I thought of the dining room but I don't think those bars will fit through the front door...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How many miles on your Fizzer? Congrats by the way, and to you as well Martin.

Keep the Fizzer! I still have mine.

Dvan5693

Reaction score
Visit site
So jealous!

I want one of these so bad, but I'm trying to be responsible and buy a house first....when did I become an adult?

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks so much better in the blue than the red they used for all the promo stuff.

Good looking bit of kit, comfy too.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet ride and already on a diet! Did you weigh that boat anchor? How does it sound now?

It weighs 9.2kg (just over 20lb) and the Akro weighs 4.2kg so it's quite a difference.

It sounds great, at idle it is civil and quiet but when you wind it up it develops a rasping roar that is really sexy!