My New Speedo Bracket, Check It Out! Also For Sale!

Puttin Along

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been getting naked! I found that there was nothing out there in terms of a speedo mounting bracket that I liked. I started playing with designs, mocked up a few things and found what I liked. I had it water jet cut out of aluminum. The set up seems to work well so far, the aluminum is strong enough as long as it's not pounded on! I cut off the metal bracket that holds the throttle cables, as my bracket has a recess that allows for the cables. I took the 2 grommets off the factory stay and they pop right into my bracket. I ordered a back for the speedo from China via ebay. I trimmed it down and cut all the the front/bottom plastic off. Did this with a dremel cut off wheel. It's not perfect, but you never see it any way. I'll do this for free if you wanna try this set IMG_20160527_161823981.jpgIMG_20160528_181508781.jpgIMG_20160528_181548286.jpgIMG_20160528_182016214.jpgIMG_20160528_182050343.jpgIMG_20160528_182108772.jpgup. It's low profile, tight into the bike and not centered, see the pics. I left a tab under the triple that reaches over to the right side fork(as sitting on the bike). The tab is for if another screw is need under for extra support and anti rotation. I just couldn't stand the idea of only one little bolt holding the speedo on. So far it seems to be enough though and I have yet to add a screw! The finish is matte via a light kiss of the sand blaster. If you want one, $30 shipped to the Cont USA lower 48.

J

jesse_sanders

How thick is the material? Does the cluster bounce around when riding?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Puttin Along

Reaction score
Visit site
It's about 3/16" thick. It doesn't bounce, the bracket is very firm. It does kinda vibrate cause it is mounted on the rubber grommets. No worse then with the stock set up I'd say cause it uses the same mounting points. Anyone who wants one, get it try it and if you don't like it, send it back. I'll give you a refund less the shipping it cost me to send it to you.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks neat, but that's for the S1's speedo only. Got a S2 speedo wouldn't mind getting a new bracket as the one I bought here from another member was too thin and bent.

J

jesse_sanders

Looks neat, but that's for the S1's speedo only. Got a S2 speedo wouldn't mind getting a new bracket as the one I bought here from another member was too thin and bent.
Is the s2 the one that is not digital?

I'm going to keep this bracket in mind as a fix my bike from the wreck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Puttin Along

Reaction score
Visit site
IDK, I thought they both are digital. This is for the first gen/round speedo. I'd be gald to work on one for the other style/newer speedo with some ones drawings and testing it out though!

icecool988

Reaction score
Visit site
OMG i love you, i have been searching for this. can i pay you extra for fast shipping? im in florida are you somewhat close? currently my temporary solution is so ghetto and my bike is my only transport to work.

I am sending you a personal message now.

Marcelor73

Reaction score
Visit site
IDK, I thought they both are digital. This is for the first gen/round speedo. I'd be gald to work on one for the other style/newer speedo with some ones drawings and testing it out though!
Are you working on a S2 version? Very interested here and I can help you a bit with a template. Let me know!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

aaronhuntington

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Puttin Along. Nice work! How do you like it since your last post? I think I'd like to buy one. Are you still selling them? How long before you could ship one to me? What have you done regarding the headlight and turn signals? What does your set up look like? That's something I still have to figure out and I am looking for ideas.

Thanks,
Aaron

Puttin Along

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd love to share some pictures, but the app, computer or site is not letting me upload pics! IDK WTF! Anyway I have 2 mounts left and I will not be making another run. The mount works great if you have a way to give a third point of support to it. This was brought to my attention by another user who bought one and used it for a single round headlight set up. I never noticed a problem cause I have used a Acerbis headlight that has a small shield that comes up slightly over the speedo. The two touch and I but a little foam tape in between them and it acts as another point of contact to stabilize it. Otherwise there may be a little excessive bouncing. I used 2 pieces of aluminum on each side to mount the head light and turn signals could be mounted there; I have none but my hands. If someone wants I'll email 3 pics and they can post them. The two brackets I have left; one is a first run and is a little thin, but will work fine if you have a set up like mine. The other if the final design. The first run can be had for $15 shipped and the final for $25 shipped.

aaronhuntington

Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_2045.jpgIMG_1969.jpgIMG_2046.jpgIMG_2047.jpg

After an accident where someone hit my parked bike, I wanted to change out the front end. I found this blog post about how someone modified an FZ6R and I really liked the look. Check it out: Yamaha FZ6R Streetfighter Metamorphosis | Motorcycle Melee

I bought Puttin Along's speedo bracket instead of getting some hardware from Lowe's to mount the speedo. It works great but like Puttin Along told me, you need a third anchor point to make sure the speedo doesn't wobble around while you are going down the road. With my new set up, the speedo rests on top of the windscreen and doesn't move at all. Thanks Puttin Along for making your speedo bracket available!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd love to share some pictures, but the app, computer or site is not letting me upload pics! IDK WTF! Anyway I have 2 mounts left and I will not be making another run. The mount works great if you have a way to give a third point of support to it. This was brought to my attention by another user who bought one and used it for a single round headlight set up. I never noticed a problem cause I have used a Acerbis headlight that has a small shield that comes up slightly over the speedo. The two touch and I but a little foam tape in between them and it acts as another point of contact to stabilize it. Otherwise there may be a little excessive bouncing. I used 2 pieces of aluminum on each side to mount the head light and turn signals could be mounted there; I have none but my hands. If someone wants I'll email 3 pics and they can post them. The two brackets I have left; one is a first run and is a little thin, but will work fine if you have a set up like mine. The other if the final design. The first run can be had for $15 shipped and the final for $25 shipped.

And a bump.... :)