~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As the title implies, this is the thread to tell of the little things you did to your bike. It could include maintenance, OC, a little mod, or even a washing.

Enjoy and post away. . . .

Today I:
Changed the oil and filter for the second time.
Flushed the front and rear brake fluids. Note use a big syringe to suck the reservoirs dry before starting and it only takes about 15 minutes to do both ends.
Lubed and adjusted the cables (excess freeplay in the throttle).
Lubed the brake and clutch pivots.

OK all of that was Friday:
Today I Cried when the city workers tared and graveled my street vs using reals asphalt so the 2 mile road needed to leave this place now has loose gravel everywhere. :thumbdown:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, YESTERDAY :spank: I gave my bike a full wash, tightened the chain, lubed the chain, took the windscreen off and pondered over how to change the angle (mind you its a Versys not a Fazer) couldn't figure out how to get the fittings to come out so i gave up and put it back on just the way it was lol.

Future posts (hopefully soon) will be putting a rear tire on, or having it done more likely. Nice idea for a thread btw!

P.S. i whole-heartedly agree with you on the "oil-and-tar" method towns use to skimp out on doing a good job, just to save some cash they will waste anyways on paying some schmuck to sit on a tractor and mow the side of the road twice a day.... oh quick story cuz' i feel it needs to be said :D

About a month ago i was cruising down a backroad about 3 miles from my house, just going for a little cruise, enjoying myself.... so i'm doing about 60, come up over a BLIND HILL and "HOLY SH!T" the road turns to that loose gravelly crap JUST on the top of the blind hill, quickly got on the back brake, clutch in (theres a stop sign at the bottom of said hill) got a little wobbly but the V handled it very nicely. Anyways it was a stupid spot to toss the gravel and oil down, and with no signs warning that it had been done! I swear towns being cheap is gonna put a biker in a hospital :spank: /endrant

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Today I unlocked my speedos extra capabilities mainly for the co adjustment and took c1 from -27 to 14 and c2 from -13 to 27 and wow what a difference the bike will actually yank the front tire up now

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I unlocked my speedos extra capabilities mainly for the co adjustment and took c1 from -27 to 14 and c2 from -13 to 27 and wow what a difference the bike will actually yank the front tire up now

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Please excuse what might be a stupid question, but what are the items you changed? :confused:

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
I looked at pictures of my bike. My lips started to tremble, and a single tear rolled down my cheek; when I realized it has been 3 weeks since we last had intercourse.
Come on Yamaha USA! I need my fan to get my baby back.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I looked at pictures of my bike. My lips started to tremble, and a single tear rolled down my cheek; when I realized it has been 3 weeks since we last had intercourse.
Come on Yamaha USA! I need my fan to get my baby back.

Maybe you and it should fly way north where a fan is not needed so much! :D

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
300 mile ride through the mountains. First long ride with my new drag bars and shorty levers, both were great.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I spent most of the weekend installing the shrouds on my projectors, cleaning them up really well, and putting that all back together. They're so much cleaner with a nice sharp cutoff now. Now I just need to rotate the left projector somehow and figure out how to lower it some more.

And I ground the stop for my kickstand down some so the stand would go more forward. Hopefully that'll make up for the lowering springs.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
So far today I slapped it on the tank and told it I'd be seeing it later! I'll be going home for lunch hour to ride it back into work for the afternoon...awesome weather!

Shawn

Reaction score
Visit site
Took my FZ on a 2 day photo scavenger hunt around the province. Ended up on some roads less traveled and found out why. Top 10 point collectors get a key to try and start a new Ducati Monster 696, if it starts it is yours. Hmmm.. What to do with a new bike ?

Last edited:

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunatly I have interviews to go to today so I just looked at it before going to work and thought "I wanna ride" I will be pulling her out after interviews and work for a short 30-60 minute jaunt around some canyons

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
My trusty steed and I avoided an accident today. Some lady in a M5 was road raging something fierce. She tried to cut me off twice. Although since it was a fun little interchange where everybody with sports cars and motorcycles goes fast, I thought the first time was just her straightening out the turn a bit. No worries, I just slowed down, just in case. Then she gets back in her lane, and I speed up some getting ready for the next turn.

And she comes over again. So, this time since I had plenty of shoulder, I got beside her, she's riding the line and I can see she's screaming at me. Then she continues her getting over. As the lane I was in ended in about 400yds, there was no need for her to change lanes, except to hit me.

I just shook my head and clicked it down a gear and got lost in traffic. Big ol' fat lady too. Oh well, guess the woman was off her meds. :don'tknow: I just made sure to put several cars between me and the road rage lunatic.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
My trusty steed and I avoided an accident today. Some lady in a M5 was road raging something fierce. She tried to cut me off twice. Although since it was a fun little interchange where everybody with sports cars and motorcycles goes fast, I thought the first time was just her straightening out the turn a bit. No worries, I just slowed down, just in case. Then she gets back in her lane, and I speed up some getting ready for the next turn.

And she comes over again. So, this time since I had plenty of shoulder, I got beside her, she's riding the line and I can see she's screaming at me. Then she continues her getting over. As the lane I was in ended in about 400yds, there was no need for her to change lanes, except to hit me.

I just shook my head and clicked it down a gear and got lost in traffic. Big ol' fat lady too. Oh well, guess the woman was off her meds. :don'tknow: I just made sure to put several cars between me and the road rage lunatic.

This brings up an observation/confused question...How do "big ol' fat ladies" manage to drive such nice cars? Seen it plenty of times.