Has your bike ever hit the ground?

Has your bike ever touched pavement?

• No, my bike has never been dropped, or layed down. It's still a minter.

Votes: 393 36.6%
  • Yes, the side of my bike has touched pavement.

Votes: 681 63.4%

• Total voters

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just curious how many members have ever had their bike touch the ground. Flop and drops, knocked down, tipped over, etc, or even worse, suffered a crash since you have owned it?

Last edited:

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
Previous owner had a fall (didn't tell me about it but the bent brake peg was a giveaway) on the right side. I let it fall on the left side after putting the kickstand on a mole tunnel...

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
yup - zero miles an hour moving it around in the driveway while standing beside it and it got away from me on the right so no kickstand to save me. lesson learned - drive it around best, sit on it second best, push while standing opposite the kickstand third and what I did last on the list. Luckily got away with a few minor scratches on underside edge of the side pod, the bar end and frame slider.

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
the sides of mine have seen the garage floor a number of times and seen a parking lot once. If you vote no...you'd better knock on wood....

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i came home one day and it had fallen over in my driveway... let me tell you what a PITA it is if you have to pick up a bike that still has a cover on it...

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't dropped this one... yet, but my first bike, an EX500 went over twice the first day I had it. :eek: A bad combination of inexperience, short legs and tall bike!

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Not this one or the previous one. I has a scooter a while back that I laid down to transport :spank: , but that really doesn't count.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't dropped this one... yet, but my first bike, an EX500 went over twice the first day I had it. :eek: A bad combination of inexperience, short legs and tall bike!

Tough way to learn!! Good for you to get back on and ride.

Potshot

Reaction score
Visit site
almost wiped out taking a right turn over an oil slick in the road, luckily my racer friend taught me how to properly power steer a bike, so thats what saved my arse from road rash and an expensive repair.:eek:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The '08 hasn't been down but my '05 was on the pavement less than 2 hours after getting it unloaded from the truck. Not me though, my wife. :spank:

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been careful and lucky. The previous owner was very honest in telling me that he suspected that someone pulled his over in a parking lot (they stood it back up). Looked perfect when I purchased, though I later noticed a scuff on the right frame slider and tip of the hand grip (he touched it up with black paint). I think I'll replace the frame slider before I sell the bike.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A car hit it parked the day after I bought it, a friend made me endo to avoid hitting him, and I dropped it while walking it away from the crash scene where another friend got killed. :(

Since I put the frame sliders on, nothing.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike was down in a parking lot before I had real license plates on it. Stiff suspension, on a hill, tired, and just overall newness of the bike. Only time it fell over on the road was a bad combo of exhaustion, panic (saw Rob tip over in front of me), and gravel.

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't dropped this bike. The worst I ever did was when I was 14 I had a moped, insert joke and laughing here, and I sort of let it fall down a big grassy hill by my house. It had a kick-stand, and I "parked" it on too much of a slant and it tumbled down. Poor little Puch moped. Believe it or not she wasn't that badly hurt. It was like watching your first love fall off a cliff. I was glad that it wasn't wrecked to bad.
I can't imagine what I'm going to do when/if I drop my fizzer.

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
Refuse to answer on the grounds I might jinx myself.

However, I have dropped/crashed plenty of dirt bikes in my past so maybe I got that out of the way...

Oops, almost forgot to knock on wood

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
Got to watch mine throw sparks for 150 feet and stop without me on the back at the limit line to an intersection:eek:

I was warming it up and it fell on the other side because it vibrated its way off the side stand. I must not have had it all the way down and forward.

Hey Wavex, how many has it been now?