Header
Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Home Gallery Forum Classified Ads Chat Links Reviews Memberships Games Site Info Shop

Go Back   Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum > Misc. Section > Military Forum

Military Forum For our Military members and vets. Thank you for your service.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
HavBlue

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Capture the Flag

Recently a number of tickets have been issued at my station to fix the light on our flag pole because the Flag of the United States of America is flown 24/7 at that facility. Tonight this was escalated when I took the flag down, folded it properly and stored it. It will not be returned until the dedicated lamp is repaired. Additionally, the POW/MIA flag has been stored as well. If this bunch of misfits can't follow the United States Flag Code then so be it, they won't get it back. The flag is currently under lock and key at the facility and roughly 30 letters from ex military personnel are going out to the US Senators. Lets see if this gets their attention......

OOH-RAH.....
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
jniedermeyer (05-02-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #2
OneTrack

Bike: 2006 Yamaha FZ6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OneTrack has much to be proud ofOneTrack has much to be proud ofOneTrack has much to be proud ofOneTrack has much to be proud ofOneTrack has much to be proud ofOneTrack has much to be proud ofOneTrack has much to be proud ofOneTrack has much to be proud ofOneTrack has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Capture the Flag

Good for you displaying proper respect for your country's flag, which should never fly in darkness.
Let us know the result of your (combined) action.
OneTrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:50 AM   #3
madmanmaigret
Mad like crazy not angry

Bike: 08 FZ6 Cobalt Blue (fastest color from FZ1)
madmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond repute

Good job... Flag Nazi! Seriously I am glad that some people have the guts to do such a thing. Most people show no respect to our national colors
Mods:Painted: radiator covers, exhaust covers, and rear footpegs. FAZR6 Fender Eliminator. FS6 Sliders W/Motovation Hardware.<wrecked motivation on the way. Minor Airbox Mod. Sticker removal. headlight removal Naked conversion in progress To Be Continued...

GO RED SOX!!!!!!
madmanmaigret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 AM   #4
HavBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanmaigret View Post
Good job... Flag Nazi! Seriously I am glad that some people have the guts to do such a thing. Most people show no respect to our national colors

Well Madman, we tried it the easy way. Now we do it the hard way. Lets see them bust folks for showing the proper respect for our National Colors and following the flag code.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:07 AM   #5
madmanmaigret
Mad like crazy not angry

madmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond reputemadmanmaigret has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavBlue View Post
Well Madman, we tried it the easy way. Now we do it the hard way. Lets see them bust folks for showing the proper respect for our National Colors and following the flag code.
They don't deserve to fly the flag if they don't respect it. Tell them Madman says.....
Mods:Painted: radiator covers, exhaust covers, and rear footpegs. FAZR6 Fender Eliminator. FS6 Sliders W/Motovation Hardware.<wrecked motivation on the way. Minor Airbox Mod. Sticker removal. headlight removal Naked conversion in progress To Be Continued...

GO RED SOX!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:09 AM   #6
madmanmaigret
Mad like crazy not angry

Wait is this the IRS office? A government location? They should know better!

GO RED SOX!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:40 AM   #7
reiobard
Samurai FZ Soldier

Bike: 2007 FZ6 (The Faster Blue)
Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,119 Posts
reiobard has a reputation beyond reputereiobard has a reputation beyond reputereiobard has a reputation beyond reputereiobard has a reputation beyond reputereiobard has a reputation beyond reputereiobard has a reputation beyond reputereiobard has a reputation beyond reputereiobard has a reputation beyond reputereiobard has a reputation beyond reputereiobard has a reputation beyond reputereiobard has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to reiobard Send a message via MSN to reiobard

good for you, i hope it doesn't come back to bit you in the end
reiobard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #8
sportrider

Hoo Ruh!!! good on ya, shipmate!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #9
trailblazer87
Curve Hound

Bike: 2006 FZ-6 RED!
trailblazer87 has much to be proud oftrailblazer87 has much to be proud oftrailblazer87 has much to be proud oftrailblazer87 has much to be proud oftrailblazer87 has much to be proud oftrailblazer87 has much to be proud oftrailblazer87 has much to be proud oftrailblazer87 has much to be proud oftrailblazer87 has much to be proud of

Good job Havblue. As a tax payer and voter I approve of your actions. Now if I could just get them to install a pole at the government building I work in...
Old 03-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #10
HavBlue

Today it was determined the flag was MIA. The head of Federal Security was called in and started an investigation. The security guard that was informed the flag was pulled down and respectfully folded for storage at 20:00 hours the night before (a 6 year Air Force MP) refused to give up the flag and told the head of security the flag was pulled down by vets who refused to give it back until it was treated with respect and properly flown. She basically told them they could terminate her and she still wouldn't give it up. The head of security as well as the chief IRS administrator for the facility asked if the vets would cut a deal for the flag if they promised to fly it only during the day time.

About an hour after this transpired I got a visit from the chief administrator asking if I knew where the flag may be as this may turn into a federal crime (stealing the flag of the United States from a Federal Facility.) I told him this wouldn't work and he could go ahead but he was going to look pretty stupid when (A) it was determined the flag was never stolen; (B) the intent of pulling the flag down was to follow the U.S. Flag Code (a public law) and (C) there were roughly 30 veterans of the United States Military involved in the action. He then asked me if I knew where the flag was and I responded in the affirm. I then took him to the flag and turned it over with the understanding it would not be flown after dusk without the operation of a dedicated lamp. He assured me that he, the folks from GSA and the owner of the building (it's leased) would be in conference tomorrow to discuss repairs to the lamp. I them made him aware of a formal letter of complaint that is moving around gathering signatures from veterans that will be address to the US Senator from Tennessee as well as Kentucky where I live. If the flag is flown is disrespect again the letter will be sent to both.

I'll keep you folks in the loop but I'll tell ya this, there's nothing like a bunch of vets protecting and respecting that flag. This Marine is damn proud of everybody involved in this incident. I really don't think they thought we would stand tall to there threats and we held fast.......

OOH-Rah..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
jniedermeyer (05-02-2008), madmanmaigret (03-26-2008)