Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hi Everyone! Needing a little advice

Quote Originally Posted by armystrong68p View Post
    So I did try just adjusting the clutch today using the turn dial - to no avail. To be honest I feel like I made it worse.

I think the problem is I'm so used to having a clutch that just "goes" in first. I don't need to apply throttle at all on a flat surface. But this thing. . .it's a whole different ball game. I'll stall every time if I don't apply throttle (kinda depressing lol).
    The Fizzer has virtually no torque below 4K RPM and the clutch friction zone really narrow. That's the downside of an R6 derived engine and sport bike clutch for quick shifts.

On the flip side, it's a very rewarding bike if you're determined enough to master it, especially the motor. Give it some gas while smoothly easing out the clutch. 1st gear is still very low and you'll be overtaken off the line by a Prius if you don't get used to rolling the throttle confidently to get that engine speed up.

As a rule of thumb, the clutch lever should engage from about half-way out. If the cable isn't lubed and moving freely, it will be awkward and grabby. If lube doesn't help, assume the previous owner neglected it and replace with a new OEM for ~$20. Avoid 3rd party cables.

2. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hi Everyone! Needing a little advice

Congrats on the new bike it looks great. You should reach out to the original owner to see if he still has the stock exhaust if everything else fails.
    Believe or not, if the oil in there is not great uqality, doing an oil change with a Motul synthetic will make shifting smoother, not as harsh, at least it did for me.
    Especially when shifting into first and second.
    I also bought regular length click clutch levers since my hands are huge... and I try to keep them as close as possible to the handle with the clicks and and I also keep the clutch a little lose,so it pushes engagement lower, that seems to help with shifting smoother for me...
    Wish you lived around here and you could try me bike... hmm although a ride to Hawaii would be awesome!!!
    Anyway welcome and good luck!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234