Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thanks Thanks:  1,744
Likes Likes:  75
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 253 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Bo67

Hello to all

Hello to all!
    My name is Eric and I live in Mountain Home, Idaho.
    Got my FZ6 on 4/12/07. It is the slower red one (must be more pigmentation in the red paint versus the blue paint is the only thing I can figure!).
    Been riding for 24 years; other bikes I've owned:
    1971 Honda CB350 Super Sport
    1976 Suzuki RM250
    1984 Honda VT500 Ascot
    1984 Honda 650 Nighthawk
    1985 Suzuki GS1150E (stolen 3 months after I bought, still get misty eyed over that; what a great bike).
    1987 Yamaha FZ750 (European spec; had it while based over in England).
    Shouldn't mention the Honda Aero 80 scooter I had in high school...it was the 80's though...
    Bought my FZ6 after a 17 year hiatus from riding; was in the Air Force for 20 years, got married, raised a family etc...
    This FZ6 is one sweet bike! The technology has come a long way in 25 years. This 600 really pulls hard, handles better on the street than any other bike I've been on and doesn't require a lot of the maintenance that one would have had to perform 25 years ago (sychcronizing carbs, adjusting timing, and all of that).
    Have 1300 miles on her now, mostly interstate and downtown Boise, want to bring the camera along sometime to take some pictures for you to see the area. There are a lot of decent mountain roads here but I still miss the curvy roads of Northern Illinois where I grew up.
    That's all for now as my post is too long already. Take care.
    -Eric

soundman11568

hello to all

my name is jay and i'm from alabama, just got a 2006 fz6 been riding for several years and this is my first sportbike,oh yea i'm also 38yrs old. the bike is stock but looking at a few mods, and it's the slow red color too. lol

wrightme43
    Hi Eric. Hi Jay.
    Welcome to both of you. Glad you are both here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, my name is Tom and I live in Cranford, NJ. Got my 07 Blue FZ6 about 6 weeks ago and have 350 miles on it so far. This is my first motorcycle and its awsome

wrightme43
    Hey Tom, Welcome. Glad your here.

jeffm

Hello Everyone

My name is Jeff and I just picked up a leftover 2006 FZ6 (Red) at a dealer here in the Pittsburgh area on Tuesday. This is my fourth bike since I started riding a few years back. I have had a Suzuki 650 Savage, Suzuki S83 and until last Tuesday a Kawasaki Concourse which I left at the dealers.

So far the bike is great and extremely fun to ride and a great commuter. I will probably change/add a couple things like taller windshield, bar risers and add a tail bag. (I am used to the massive luggage space on the Concourse)

I think this bike is definately a keeper!

wrightme43
    HI Jeff, welcome and I hope you keep coming back.

Super Moderator New member welcome thread.. gmickey2001's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Jeff,

I did the same thing. Was looking at the FZ6 and they had a 2006 in red that they marked down $900 because all of the 2007 models were in. I like blue, but I like $900 even more! The red has really grown on me. Besides, the red FZ6 is plenty fast. The last thing I need is some blue on my bike, followed by blue flashing lights behind me
    Take no prisoners - Frolic with your enemies

wrightme43
    Quote Originally Posted by gmickey2001 View Post
    Hey Jeff,

I did the same thing. Was looking at the FZ6 and they had a 2006 in red that they marked down $900 because all of the 2007 models were in. I like blue, but I like $900 even more! The red has really grown on me. Besides, the red FZ6 is plenty fast. The last thing I need is some blue on my bike, followed by blue flashing lights behind me
    See that is the best thing about the blue bikes. They are so fast the blue lights from cops shift so far down the scale into infrared and you cant even see them. LOL

The red is really pretty too. The dealer got a red one and a blue one in crates, the day I got mine. They both look great. Its just that blue is faster. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everybody who has joined lately,
    Hope everyone enjoys this fourm as much as I do. Looking forward to your topics.

Page 3 of 253 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast