Page 253 of 253 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253
Results 2,521 to 2,524 of 2524
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New member welcome thread..

Hello all!
    My name is Justin and I recently picked up a 2004 FZ6 for $1500. I unfortunately lost my primary bike in an accident (2008 Kawasaki Concours14) and was looking for an adequate replacement that was smaller in size to the ZG1400. The FZ6 is one of 4 bikes in my line up. I also ride often my 1981 Suzuki GS750, 2015 Suzuki TU250X and my 2017 Harley-Davidson Street-Rod 750.
    I ride big miles and ride 2 up as well. This is my 3rd FZ but the 2 prior were FZ1's. I couldn't say no to the price and with both of my best friends owning FZ6's from new (one has 50K miles the other 70K miles) I know the reliability of these bikes is top notch. I currently have 19.5K miles on so far for this 2017 season, so I ride every day, rain or shine (and even snow). I do intend to run this FZ6 for a while... I have been down the liter road and have realized 100hp is all I need to have a good time but keep me out of relative trouble.
    I'm here to add some 2 cents but mainly looking for low to mid range power adders (better for touring and 2-up riding). I do LOVE riding fast in the twisties and since I do ride allot I buy ALLOT of tires so I plan to experiment with tire sizes with this little duffer. The tires that came with the bike were total trash Conti-motions. I'm currently running a Shinko 006 150 in the rear while the new 006 160 comes in( I had this tire in stock and just want to burn it out). I tried the smaller size for the handling of the FZ6 for a small bike is a bit labored. the 150 is touch too small for I am overwhelming the tire on acceleration and powering out of the turn (Drifting out is fun though )however the handling feedback and sharpness is very nice and I think a 160 would be perfect for this little bike.
    So I'll be looking for mid-range adders, looking at fueling but maybe ignition timing (available for this bike). I also would like to run a R6 high flow header unit with side exit exhaust. We will see. I will be adding some new bars for comfort and a some sort of aftermarket wind screen.
    Well thanks for having me! Here is some pics of the new bike:

2. Likes Ohendo, Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Re: New member welcome thread..

Hey!

FZ6 rider checking in...but from the UK!
    Picked up a 2009 FZ6 S2 (98hp version) yesterday. Having ridden v-twins & big singles previously this bike is a revelation, combined with the Microns it sounds perfect.

Anyway here is the Fizzy Fazer & hope to get chatting.
    New member welcome thread..-yammy-jpg

Vrrroooooom! New member welcome thread.. Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new members!
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

Go Naked- Its liberating New member welcome thread.. agf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ɯnɹoɟ ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ punoɟ ʎlnɹʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ 'ǝɯoɔlǝM ɹǝpunuʍop ƃᴉq ɐ ʎǝɥ
    cheers
    Adrian

MODS:
    Delkovics, OGGY KNOBS, tank protector, rim tape, Sharkskin grip buddies, FAZR6's decals & FE, swingarm plugs, HVMP Bar-Ends, AMHeadlight Protector, BEOWULF Rad Guard, Stebel horn, HEALTECH Gear ind., tender wiring, HEL s/s brake lines, JPR Levers, KN's clutch mod, custom seat, oso2k rearsets, townsendFJR1300's lock bracket, Barkbusters, carbon front fender extender, https://www.facebook.com/adrian.flint1

6. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
    Likes Bill, Motogiro liked this post

Page 253 of 253 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253