Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vrrroooooom! Not my shame. but I'll share Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Not my shame. but I'll share

LOL! That mug resembles someone I've seen in a picture on this forum!
    Not my shame. but I'll share-2015-08-28-12-03-11-jpg
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A bike cop round here has died recently in that exact situation. Obviously the major difference being we drive on the left, so going wide on a left hander put him in to oncoming traffic.

The lad is young. The things I reported to sick bay with after summer leave when I was his age, would probably have me bed ridden for a week now. He'll be fine in a day or two. Take one token out of his "luck bag" and put two in his "experience bag".
    TownsendsFJR1300: Agreed 100% ^^^^^.

Monica A (OP)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Motogiro View Post
    Glad everyone is relatively okay! Glad you're okay cuz as a parent you had to imagine what that dust cloud was and then to see your baby in the ditch.
    The gal at the general store, we were at waiting to be picked up, offered me a shot of Fireball. If it wasn't 11am, I might have taken her up on it. lol I thought I need to keep my wits about me too so I can be of any help to my son.

Thanks everyone for the words of support
    Silly boys, sportbikes are for girls...

2007 Yamaha FZ6 - Faster Blue one - sold, 2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050, 2014 Triumph Street Triple R

4. Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    Monica A (OP)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by payneib View Post
    A bike cop round here has died recently in that exact situation. Obviously the major difference being we drive on the left, so going wide on a left hander put him in to oncoming traffic.

The lad is young. The things I reported to sick bay with after summer leave when I was his age, would probably have me bed ridden for a week now. He'll be fine in a day or two. Take one token out of his "luck bag" and put two in his "experience bag".
    We've lost riders around here for the same reasons as your cop. I blew this corner the first time I rode it going the opposite direction, I was just lucky there was no oncoming traffic. I learned that day to respect 15mph corners. I have better skill on the bike now, but I still slow way down for slow marked corners. It's not a race so why risk it. Our son got the "over confident" "riding about your skill level" lecture today. He was ready to hear it. He agrees he was.

I agree with you, if this was me I'd be in bed for a week or two. Youth is wasted on the young. He'll be fine in a few days.

2007 Yamaha FZ6 - Faster Blue one - sold, 2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050, 2014 Triumph Street Triple R

6. Thanks FinalImpact thanked for this post
    Monica A (OP)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Motogiro View Post
    LOL! That mug resembles someone I've seen in a picture on this forum!
    I wonder who that is.....

After I took this pic, I took off his leather pants so I could ice his knees. He was embarassed to be laying on the side of road in his underroos, so I laid his pants over his midsection. lol

8. Likes Motogiro, lytehouse liked this post
    It's all good! Not my shame. but I'll share trepetti's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh boy. A tough lesson was learned. Glad he is on the mend. As a parent of 2 "adult" boys I can appreciate the feelings you must have had. I barely remember the time I was immortal. As a parent I believe that the biggest frustration is trying to impart all the wisdom I paid dearly for to my kids. I'm sure cave man had the same problems with cave kid, telling them not to play with the big green lizard!
    2005 FZ6 - FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, 2-Wheels levers, Givi tank bag and topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, Motodynamic tail light, Grip Puppies

10. Thanks Monica A, FinalImpact thanked for this post
    Ride like you own it..! raja777m's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear he is okay, ATGATT is good.
    When I go for rides with buddies, I use my A* full track suit and SMX-boots.
    Others come in jeans and mesh jackets or riding pants and mesh jackets.
    When you go under the bike and the sharp swing arm and a piece of center stand fall on your foot till ankle, the race boots are the ones which helps protect your legs.
    Whatever you paid for the suit will be paid off..!

Hope he doesn't lose his confidence and will be back on two wheels very soon.
    08 FZ6: SOLD
    ~12v Outlet and USB~Red Reflective Rim stickers~Cortech Micro 2.0 Tank Bag~Carbon Fibre Frame Sliders~Scorpio SR-i900R~FE unknown brand~Sony AZ1VR and handle bar mount~Sony AS100VR with helmet mount~OPT7 LED underglow~Nokya H4 and H7 Arctic white~Go Cruise 2 Aluminum throttle Lock~Garmin Nuvi 1390 with suction cup~FZ09's Handlebar mirrors~park lights, FZ1 style~

https://raja777m.wordpress.com/2015/06/25/tamedbeast-fz6/

100K Mile Member Not my shame. but I'll share VEGASRIDER's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monica, sorry to hear about your son's off. Wearing full gear is to minimize injuries, and that's exactly what the gear did. I think he's lucky that there wasn't a guardrail around that corner, more harm comes to hitting one than the crash itself. Your son is still very young and strong, he will recover very quickly. Did you give him Quaaludes? He looks awful happy in that picture.
    Last edited by VEGASRIDER; 08-29-2015 at 04:39 PM.
    VEGASRIDER...................Member # 35
    2006 Team Yamaha Blue FZ6, 2014 Ducati Multistrada ST

Link to 50,000 Miles Club

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-g...000+miles+club

Helmet: Shoei GT-Air & Qwest,
    Pants: Motoport Airmesh Kevlar
    Gloves: Motoport Race Gauntlet & Winter Gloves, First Gear Heated Gloves
    Jacket: A bunch
    Boots: Daytona Roadstar GTX, BMW Sports Dry Boots

13. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Monica A (OP)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by raja777m View Post
    Glad to hear he is okay, ATGATT is good.
    When I go for rides with buddies, I use my A* full track suit and SMX-boots.
    Others come in jeans and mesh jackets or riding pants and mesh jackets.
    When you go under the bike and the sharp swing arm and a piece of center stand fall on your foot till ankle, the race boots are the ones which helps protect your legs.
    Whatever you paid for the suit will be paid off..!

Hope he doesn't lose his confidence and will be back on two wheels very soon.
    He had on full height track boots so that helped prevent injuries to his feet, ankles for sure.

He wants to ride today. No loss of confidence so far. It's almost the end of our season, so maybe next Spring...

15. Likes Motogiro, raja777m liked this post
    Monica A (OP)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VEGASRIDER View Post
    Monica, sorry to hear about your son's off. Wearing full gear is to minimize injuries, and that's exactly what the gear did. I think he's lucky that there wasn't a guardrail around that corner, more harm comes to hitting one than the crash itself. Your son is still very young and strong, he will recover very quickly. Did you give him Quaaludes? He looks awful happy in that picture.
    Hahahaha Nope, just Advil. He was in pretty good spirits. Kind of pissed me off really. I was bummed, I missed my ride and lunch at Bubba's Bagels in Grass Valley. But really I was relieved it wasn't worse. Part of me thinks it saved one of us from something worse. I don't know why. Just call it Mom's intuition.

17. Likes Motogiro liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast