Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  35
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Hiccup in power delivery accelerating in 2nd. very troubling.

My mistake... I thought you used the switch OFTEN.

I re-read the first page and you posted you don't (which in almost all cases, riders DID use the switch often before the failure).

Please disregard the previous post.

Thank you for the additional information as your about the first (that I've read of) with a failure of a switch rarely used..
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

2. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    It's all good! Hiccup in power delivery accelerating in 2nd. very troubling. trepetti's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    My mistake... I thought you used the switch OFTEN.

I re-read the first page and you posted you don't (which in almost all cases, riders DID use the switch often before the failure).

Please disregard the previous post.

Thank you for the additional information as your about the first (that I've read of) with a failure of a switch rarely used..
    Glad to see this got resolved. All of the post-solution tension aside, i am reminded that we learn best when we start out wrong. And to do that means we must first challenge advice.

Thanks to all here, but especially to those few wise sages that seem to never give up until the issue is solved.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2005 FZ6 - FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, 2-Wheels levers, Givi tank bag and topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, Motodynamic tail light, Grip Puppies

4. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
    Likes Motogiro liked this post
    zixaq (OP)
    Super Member Hiccup in power delivery accelerating in 2nd. very troubling. zixaq's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So while I did have a kill switch problem (twice), the original problem that started this thread is apparently caused by something else.

My bike did this again today. Again, WOT in 2nd and it popped off and on momentarily. My kill switch is completely bypassed now (and yes, the connection is soldered properly and sealed).

Other ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignition related? I know my ignition coils are going bad on my car when it starts hesitating/bucking under load. Of course it's no FZ6 so there's that. Probably not though since it only happens to you in 2nd at WOT? Just an idea.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jeez.. Sorry to hear it...

Anyway, I'd check the side stand switch. You can disassemble using a stool right next to the switch. It's pretty easy to inspect, re-grease..

If that isn't it, time to start checking (un-plug, clean, put some dielectric grease in connectors) connectors.

Then plugs, plug caps, coils (grounds as well for coils).
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-19-2018 at 03:07 AM.
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

zixaq (OP)
    Super Member Hiccup in power delivery accelerating in 2nd. very troubling. zixaq's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, whatever the problem was, it's moot now. My bottom end exploded today. 2" diameter hole in the front of my crank case.

Now, to hunt for another FZ so I can swap all my suspension/brake upgrades onto it, or just find something else? I have two months before I'm moving halfway across the country, and I THOUGHT I'd be riding my bike there.

Vrrroooooom! Hiccup in power delivery accelerating in 2nd. very troubling. Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crap! Was there a warning or did it just let go?
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

zixaq (OP)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Motogiro View Post
    Crap! Was there a warning or did it just let go?
    There has been a weird noise for a few thousand miles that I've been trying to chase down with local help. Had eliminated CCT and just pulled the exhaust and replaced gaskets to check. Took it out to test if the noise was gone and kablooey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zixaq View Post
    There has been a weird noise for a few thousand miles that I've been trying to chase down with local help. Had eliminated CCT and just pulled the exhaust and replaced gaskets to check. Took it out to test if the noise was gone and kablooey.
    Wow. Didn't think that was common with this engine. Sorry to hear that! Post a pic of the carnage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have photos? Maybe we can learn something from this.
    Lifelong student of motorcycling. Current bikes: Custom Naked '05 FZ6, LS650 Café Racer, DRZ400 Street Tracker

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast