Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Do I pay for an inspection after (minor?) accident?

The steel mount I referred to was simply what the broke aluminum part bolts to (with the 2 bolts).

The swing-arm, (that the rear wheel attaches to), right side, has an obvious kink on at least the top edge.
    Scott

2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(open), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Garmin 590 GPS, Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

fz6-Dan (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    The steel mount I referred to was simply what the broke aluminum part bolts to (with the 2 bolts).

The swing-arm, (that the rear wheel attaches to), right side, has an obvious kink on at least the top edge.
    Ahh, thank you. I'm hoping the swing arm dent just looks that way because of my crappy picture taking but it probably is dented. How bad would it be if I didn't fix it? Also, I'll check out that bracket during lunch, around noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 (fast) Blue fz6: Akropovic slip on, PCV, Tuning from Turo Racing, Lowering link, TownsendFJR13 cut kickstand, Puig touring windscreen, Pod light turn signals, Blue reflective Rim tap, BD43 headlight mod, FAZR6 Fender Eliminator

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Question, were the bolts for the passenger rear sets bent? The angle of the bracket to the sub frame is way off. So hopefully the rear bolt is bent. Otherwise, I'd opt for replacment sub frame.

Before too much riding occurs loosen the four bolts and let it find it's new home. It will unload the stress induced on the cast frame. Cast material does not like a static load as it can induce stress cracks.

This is an old picture but notice how the mount is parallel to the sub frame... lower mounting bolt is visible...

08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

4. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
    fz6-Dan (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FinalImpact View Post
    Question, were the bolts for the passenger rear sets bent? The angle of the bracket to the sub frame is way off. So hopefully the rear bolt is bent. Otherwise, I'd opt for replacment sub frame.

Before too much riding occurs loosen the four bolts and let it find it's new home. It will unload the stress induced on the cast frame. Cast material does not like a static load as it can induce stress cracks.

This is an old picture but notice how the mount is parallel to the sub frame... lower mounting bolt is visible...

I don't think they were bent, I looked at the bracket and I think it does look slightly bent but i might just be seeing it because I'm looking for it.

I dropped it off at a shop and they said it would be a couple days til they can get to look at it

2007 (fast) Blue fz6: Akropovic slip on, PCV, Tuning from Turo Racing, Lowering link, TownsendFJR13 cut kickstand, Puig touring windscreen, Pod light turn signals, Blue reflective Rim tap, BD43 headlight mod, FAZR6 Fender Eliminator

fz6-Dan (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So here's the bill they hit me (will be going through insurance if this is the case) with. That doesn't include the rear footrest, when I called he said he forgot about because I had taken off the bike before hand which is understandable. I feel as though they missed things but I may be paranoid. I'm looking for some reassurance if anyone's got some.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What are the first two parts for?

$84 and $358?
    Scott

2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(open), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Garmin 590 GPS, Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

fz6-Dan (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I pay for an inspection after (minor?) accident?

I think the first is the fairing next to the seat and the second I have no clue. Here is the updated bill. (I think the second are the grab rails 5VX-24773-00-P8 HANDLE, SEAT $218.81)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fz6-Dan View Post
    I think the first is the fairing next to the seat (RIGHT POD) and the second I have no clue. Here is the updated bill. (I think the second are the grab rails 5VX-24773-00-P8 HANDLE, SEAT $218.81) HE'S GOT THAT MARKED UP A BIT FROM 218.81 TO $358.24
    If the bike rides straight, I don't see why you can't ride it home as there was no mention of frame damage. That is, if it rides straight.

IE, you can have your bike repaired by your regular, trusted mechanic.

Also, ordering thru Partzilla is WAY CHEAPER:

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2007 FZ6 - FZS6W REAR ARM Diagram

Scott

fz6-Dan (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mechanic is in south Florida and I don't want to wait until early August to get it fixed. Also, it's going through insurance so I think they're finding oem parts to cover themselves liability wise. It looks like I'm gonna go forward with the repairs. I'm also doing the r6 fork mod so I'm excited to have the bike back and in good condition

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's fine..

BTW, Partzilla, (the link I posted above) sells OEM PARTS. That link IS for your bike / swingarm / bushings seals / etc.

Just an FYI for yourself
    Scott

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast