Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Buzzyness Observations...

Quote Originally Posted by Ital View Post
    Thanks Scott, for the detailed reply. So, I just loosen them up and then re torque them down to 40ft lbs?
    Yes, BUT first loosen the exhaust clamps (both ends of the cat and if a mount-behind rear brake master cylinder as I re-call) first.

*You basically want everything that's taught(at the rear end), loosened up just enough, maybe move it just a bit (by hand), just so it sits happy on it's own (NO TENSION). Tighten the sub-frame.

Then jiggle the exhaust just a bit (probably won't even see it) and re-tighten it as well.

We're just trying to make all the parts come together W/O stress- Which if stressed, could make vibs that you'll feel..
    Scott

2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(open), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Garmin 590 GPS, Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

2. Thanks SandyN thanked for this post
    Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bike has been feeling "buzzy" lately to the point where my wife complained of the vibes on one of her rare rides with me. I had been expecting them to smooth out with the onset of Winter here in South Africa as they usually do with the cooler ambient temperatures, but they have instead become more noticeable.

So I decided today to check it out after reading this thread. Lo and behold the right front engine mounting bolt and top left subframe were not as tight as they should have been... so I loosened the exhaust mounting bolts under the seat and the two joints, loosened and re-torqued the subframe mounting bolts, re-torqued the engine mounting bolt before tightening the exhaust bolts again.

The test ride proved that things were a whole lot better in the vibe department. The bike has always had a buzz in the seat at around 5200 rpm but was now reduced, but the super smooth feel at 6-6500 rpm has returned.

4. Thanks Ital thanked for this post
    Likes TownsendsFJR1300, Ital liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just did this as well. My bike did not have much vibration in the first place but this definitely made a noticeable difference. I just loosen the screws near the tank under the seat and then the ones on the side directly below those. Did not mess with the exhaust as I did not know what to loosen... I had the bike on the center stand and then I just made the bike go up and down on the stand in case anything would shift freely and re-tighten to 40ftlbs. Bike feels good.

Thanks!

6. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123