Thread: Error Code 12?

Vrrroooooom! Error Code 12? Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Error Code 12?

Quote Originally Posted by printimage2 View Post
    I had an error code 12 problem on my 2006 FZ6 and solved it by replacing the starter relay ($100 from dealer). My bike only has 6k original gentle miles on it, so I was really apprehensive of the problem being something as significant as a failed Crankshaft Position Sensor. The repair job was super easy and is covered in the Haynes Yamaha FZ6 Fazer #4751 service and repair manual, Chapter 8 section 21. The Haynes book even tells you how to test the unit before replacing it. This might help to isolate the problem and tell you what part(s) need to be replaced.

I wish everyone good luck with repairing their motorcycle.

I had to write in to help the community. You helped me and I appreciate it.
    Interesting.... How did you come to replacing the starter relay? Was the bike just throwing the Error code #12 or was it not starting and threw the code?
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: "Interesting.... How did you come to replacing the starter relay? Was the bike just throwing the Error code #12 or was it not starting and threw the code?"

Motogiro, the bike wouldn't start and it was throwing the Error code #12. Watching the newly supplied Youtube video helped steer me to solving my problem quickly and rather inexpensively.

Youtube: "Yamaha Code 12 no start fix!"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgvebpSEmSY
    Last edited by printimage2; 01-03-2018 at 06:43 PM.

3. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
    Vrrroooooom! Error Code 12? Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by printimage2 View Post
    Re: "Interesting.... How did you come to replacing the starter relay? Was the bike just throwing the Error code #12 or was it not starting and threw the code?"

Motogiro, the bike wouldn't start and it was throwing the Error code #12. Watching the newly supplied Youtube video helped steer me to solving my problem quickly and rather inexpensively.

Youtube: "Yamaha Code 12 no start fix!"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgvebpSEmSY
    Yes. If the ECU sees the start circuit active but there is no CPS signal it can throw the #12 error code. If the battery were dead there may be other extraneous codes produced at random regardless of what sensor conditions exist because of extremely low voltage. Beside the technologies available experience and understanding of these bikes is the most valuable asset we have.
    Thank you for sharing this.

Sent from Ellipsis 10 HD using Tapatalk
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567