Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harriman

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Harriman

Am I the only one NOT seeing a pic or link?
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

It's all good! Harriman trepetti's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Me too Scott. I was able to see the original video and now it and the others are gone. Wonder if Admin turned on the 'Hoon' filter. Harriman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2005 FZ6 - FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, 2-Wheels levers, Givi tank bag and topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, Motodynamic tail light, Grip Puppies

3. Thanks TownsendsFJR1300 thanked for this post
    fz6bk (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can still see them, but who knows. A direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1FIfV3Ta8

5. Thanks TownsendsFJR1300 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks Tom.

Looks like a combo between Deals gap and Cherohola Highway but with NO cars!!

It's obvious, you've ridden it a time or two !

Got my adrenaline going there for a little bit!

Me likes!
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

fz6bk (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's definitely more traffic on the weekends, but it's usually not too bad. We've had quite a few people who are unfamiliar with the road go down in there for obvious reasons. I started riding in September, and I went down not long after on one of those turns--only minor damage to me and the bike fortunately, and an important lesson hopefully learned.

Got my adrenaline going there for a little bit!
    Thanks! That's why I record--you get to relive that feeling a little while at work or wherever.

Are there roads like this one down in Florida? We (the people I ride with) definitely consider ourselves lucky to have this one.
    Last edited by fz6bk; 06-29-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Ride Like Your Invisible! Harriman kenh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fz6bk View Post
    Morning. You just have to watch out for the deer, turkeys and geese.
    Yes the deer have very few natural predators in my area and our geese population is up, however they seem to be only crossing roads early in the morning . The deer however are moving around in the middle of the day now so you always have to look for one once you are familiar with their runs, they are if nothing else creatures of habit, generally. Your later post says you went down, perhaps when you are ready you can share your experience. All events are helpful to all to analyze and reflect on our own actions as necessary. Be safe.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fz6bk View Post
    Are there roads like this one down in Florida? We (the people I ride with) definitely consider ourselves lucky to have this one.
    A couple roads with 1/10th of what you have close by..

Really have to go to NC, Tenn, etc to see roads like that.
    Scott

fz6bk (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your later post says you went down, perhaps when you are ready you can share your experience.
    I crashed as the radius of the turn decreases just after 0:54 and before the hairpin turn in the second video. It was a combination of a couple of factors:

- I was new to the road. I forgot that the turn tightened, and I was going too fast as I came up the hill.
    - I was a new rider. I was just learning the skills to handle the increased speed, and my reaction was to target fixate and brake hard.

I went straight off. The bike hit something and dug in, and I went over the handlebars. I was wearing a riding jacket, jeans and shoes. All said, I wasn't going that fast, and I rode the bike home with damaged fairings and slightly twisted forks.

More recently, I was following a more experienced rider when he crashed in that exact spot. We were going a lot faster. He had a bad concussion, and the bike flew 20 ft up the road and was totaled. I suspect that the reasons were similar: excess speed and an (avoidable) surprise as the radius of the turn decreases.

My riding skills have improved dramatically since, but obviously it's a constant work in progress. I don't necessarily trust my reactions to a surprise to be entirely correct, but I believe they've improved, especially as the skills (e.g. body position, trail braking) become more instinct and less conscious.

A couple roads with 1/10th of what you have close by..
    Places to avoid

Direct link

Direct link

A couple videos from a set from this weekend with friends, if anyone wants some more. It most of our first time on the road in the second video--I took it a little easier based on aforementioned experiences. The guy leading was in his 50s and just killing it.
    Last edited by fz6bk; 07-03-2017 at 10:56 AM.

11. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice!!! I will be making my way up there this Summer. Thanks for sharing.

13. Likes fz6bk liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12