Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Puttin Along (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My New Speedo Bracket, Check It Out! Also For Sale!

I have been getting naked! I found that there was nothing out there in terms of a speedo mounting bracket that I liked. I started playing with designs, mocked up a few things and found what I liked. I had it water jet cut out of aluminum. The set up seems to work well so far, the aluminum is strong enough as long as it's not pounded on! I cut off the metal bracket that holds the throttle cables, as my bracket has a recess that allows for the cables. I took the 2 grommets off the factory stay and they pop right into my bracket. I ordered a back for the speedo from China via ebay. I trimmed it down and cut all the the front/bottom plastic off. Did this with a dremel cut off wheel. It's not perfect, but you never see it any way. I'll do this for free if you wanna try this set My New Speedo Bracket, Check It Out!  Also For Sale!-img_20160527_161823981-jpgMy New Speedo Bracket, Check It Out!  Also For Sale!-img_20160528_181508781-jpgMy New Speedo Bracket, Check It Out!  Also For Sale!-img_20160528_181548286-jpgMy New Speedo Bracket, Check It Out!  Also For Sale!-img_20160528_182016214-jpgMy New Speedo Bracket, Check It Out!  Also For Sale!-img_20160528_182050343-jpgMy New Speedo Bracket, Check It Out!  Also For Sale!-img_20160528_182108772-jpgup. It's low profile, tight into the bike and not centered, see the pics. I left a tab under the triple that reaches over to the right side fork(as sitting on the bike). The tab is for if another screw is need under for extra support and anti rotation. I just couldn't stand the idea of only one little bolt holding the speedo on. So far it seems to be enough though and I have yet to add a screw! The finish is matte via a light kiss of the sand blaster. If you want one, $30 shipped to the Cont USA lower 48.

jesse_sanders

Re: My New Speedo Bracket, Check It Out! Also For Sale!

How thick is the material? Does the cluster bounce around when riding?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Puttin Along (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's about 3/16" thick. It doesn't bounce, the bracket is very firm. It does kinda vibrate cause it is mounted on the rubber grommets. No worse then with the stock set up I'd say cause it uses the same mounting points. Anyone who wants one, get it try it and if you don't like it, send it back. I'll give you a refund less the shipping it cost me to send it to you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks neat, but that's for the S1's speedo only. Got a S2 speedo wouldn't mind getting a new bracket as the one I bought here from another member was too thin and bent.

jesse_sanders

Quote Originally Posted by elus1ve View Post
    Looks neat, but that's for the S1's speedo only. Got a S2 speedo wouldn't mind getting a new bracket as the one I bought here from another member was too thin and bent.
    Is the s2 the one that is not digital?

I'm going to keep this bracket in mind as a fix my bike from the wreck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Puttin Along (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK, I thought they both are digital. This is for the first gen/round speedo. I'd be gald to work on one for the other style/newer speedo with some ones drawings and testing it out though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG i love you, i have been searching for this. can i pay you extra for fast shipping? im in florida are you somewhat close? currently my temporary solution is so ghetto and my bike is my only transport to work.

I am sending you a personal message now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Puttin Along View Post
    IDK, I thought they both are digital. This is for the first gen/round speedo. I'd be gald to work on one for the other style/newer speedo with some ones drawings and testing it out though!
    Are you working on a S2 version? Very interested here and I can help you a bit with a template. Let me know!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    2008 - "Faster Blue" MODS:

Two Brothers CF
    Two Brothers Juice Box
    Air Box mod
    520 DID gold (+1 on the Vortex rear sproket)
    Rear Fender eliminator
    LED turn signals
    R6 LED "pod lights"
    Zumo 550 GPS
    Sportbikecam.com camera mount

Fz-1 Bars waiting to be installed

Dental Floss Tycoon chokeslam512's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump! I am also very interested in an S2 bracket
    Mr Pibb is a replica of Dr. Pepper, but it is a bullsh*t replica because the dude didn't even finish his degree.

Current Mods (in order of appearance): T-Rex frame sliders, Scorpion slip-on exhaust, RhinoMoto bar ends, CRG bar end mirrors, Fender eliminator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Puttin Along. Nice work! How do you like it since your last post? I think I'd like to buy one. Are you still selling them? How long before you could ship one to me? What have you done regarding the headlight and turn signals? What does your set up look like? That's something I still have to figure out and I am looking for ideas.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast