Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fastt (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this exhaust on aliexpress any opinions?

2. Likes User liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Saw this exhaust on aliexpress any opinions?

They look pretty good and that's a very cheap price. I guess you would have to roll the dice for what they sound like or maybe you could find a youtube vid. at that price really you get what you get. One thing looks weird though is the straight pipe.. doesn't look like it will fit into the cat. I think it should point down
    "It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final."
    Roger Babson
    http://philosiblog.com/2011/09/15/it-is-wise-to-keep-in-mind-that-neither-success-nor-failure-is-ever-final/

Current Mods: (in no particular order)
    Leo Vince aluminum
    Top Sellerie seat
    Morimoto V6.0 mini H1 HID Projectors
    15t front sprocket
    grip puppies
    Hyperlites
    Stebel nautilus horn
    Puig racing dark smoke wind screen
    Racetech led volt meter

fastt (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably am going to see if I can find one somewhere online.. I thought that too with the pipe but some modification could fix that.. If I find a video or end up giving it a go I will for sure post on here after I get it installed.. Would be funny if it was the same maker just oem due to legal stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing to consider is the need for repacking cheap mufflers. It might be ok for a while, but then again... at that price, replace it when it is beat out. Good luck

fastt (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FB400 View Post
    They look pretty good and that's a very cheap price. I guess you would have to roll the dice for what they sound like or maybe you could find a youtube vid. at that price really you get what you get. One thing looks weird though is the straight pipe.. doesn't look like it will fit into the cat. I think it should point down
    Too good to be true? Guessing I would need a Y pipe too?

With them on the bike
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkWDgCidRNI

Tear down
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxn8HgzHcP0

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Univ...7-2df3d52d7f66
    Last edited by fastt; 09-06-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the cans are plenty good but the connecting pipe could take some work, I would guess very few of us can weld and bend pipe so the cost for an exhaust shop to make something up could bump up your cost a bit.
    "It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final."
    Roger Babson
    http://philosiblog.com/2011/09/15/it-is-wise-to-keep-in-mind-that-neither-success-nor-failure-is-ever-final/

Current Mods: (in no particular order)
    Leo Vince aluminum
    Top Sellerie seat
    Morimoto V6.0 mini H1 HID Projectors
    15t front sprocket
    grip puppies
    Hyperlites
    Stebel nautilus horn
    Puig racing dark smoke wind screen
    Racetech led volt meter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go for it. The Y-pipe is upside down in all the pics lol. Looks like it tapers properly and would bolt right up to the cat pipe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to be grabbing a set of these:
    Yamaha FZ6 Mini 8" Stainless Round Muffler Exhaust Slip On 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 | eBay

I have purchased these cheap mufflers before and have had mixed results, the last one I purchased now is on my Lawn mower :lol:
    Do not that "carbon Fiber" is a vinyl like wrap and have seen them melt and catch fire...Something I'd give to craps about on a standard side mount pipe but for ones under my seat... YEah I'd pass.
    If you do get it, let us know!
    best
    - J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedz123 View Post
    I'm going to be grabbing a set of these:
    Yamaha FZ6 Mini 8" Stainless Round Muffler Exhaust Slip On 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 | eBay
    I have purchased these cheap mufflers before and have had mixed results, the last one I purchased now is on my Lawn mower :lol:
    Do not that "carbon Fiber" is a vinyl like wrap and have seen them melt and catch fire...Something I'd give to craps about on a standard side mount pipe but for ones under my seat... YEah I'd pass.
    If you do get it, let us know!
    best
    - J
    Do you know if those Delkevics require repacking?

Go Naked- Its liberating Saw this exhaust on aliexpress any opinions? agf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tom_nuke View Post
    Do you know if those Delkevics require repacking?
    I bought my delks from a member on this forum. I have run them for about 2.5 years now daily run 10 kms to and 10 kms from work each day.

I opened one of them about 12 months ago to see how it was going and there was barely any scorching of the glass packing.

You have to remeber these cans are supposedly for track use only- they are pretty loud, but you can set up the baffles so it doesn't attract the attention of the authorities.

I wrapped the baffles with extra glass woven sheet and then filled the baffle with stainless steel exhaust packing. I did this more for my hearing than for anyone else.

I really love the sound with out any extra packing around the baffle but I used to get looks from the police on a regular basis.

I reckon the cans are good value
    cheers
    cheers
    Adrian

MODS:
    Delkovics, OGGY KNOBS, tank protector, rim tape, Sharkskin grip buddies, FAZR6's decals & FE, swingarm plugs, HVMP Bar-Ends, AMHeadlight Protector, BEOWULF Rad Guard, Stebel horn, HEALTECH Gear ind., tender wiring, HEL s/s brake lines, JPR Levers, KN's clutch mod, custom seat, oso2k rearsets, townsendFJR1300's lock bracket, Barkbusters, carbon front fender extender, https://www.facebook.com/adrian.flint1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast