FinalImpact (OP)
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb POST your Tune Map, Bazzaz, PCIII, PCV - AutoTune, Z-AFM

Lets see those fuel maps! Where did it come from, how did you get it (DL, Dyno tune, AutoTune, Dyno Run etc). Include what mods are done to the bike, year and all that jazz. --> Please don't forget Target Air Fuel Ratio AFR and your Goal - Power vs Economy...

The reason I ask is this, if these bikes all share a common trait of over-fueling off idle and going lean, we can see this and potentially correct for it.

Just remember after install to set your TPS values SPECIFIC to your bike before running around town. The idle values (fully closed) can be off enough to impact idle and off idle performance.

At a glance I only see Bazzaz and Power Commanders for our bikes but there may be others there. Take a screen shot and post up. With both of these companies offering an AUTO-TUNE function to gather real world data I'd think there would be some maps in other forums but they are not found easily.

Include:
    • Model Year:
    • Elevation at location:
    • Temperature range you normally ride in: C/F
    • Mods: Slip-Ons, Air filter, Exhaust
    • Gear ratio if not stock:
    • Where the tune came from:
    • Target AFR:
    • Goal:

EDIT: Missed this thread from (( 2009 )) It has a few Maps in it. Custom Power Commander maps

JJD952 Tuning Fueling
    Last edited by FinalImpact; 03-15-2017 at 02:38 PM.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Re: POST your Tune Map, Bazzaz, PCIII, PCV - AutoTune, Z-AFM

DJ PC site has 20 maps if anyone wants to poke around.

PCIII
    Welcome to Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

PCV
    Welcome to Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

Some light reading here - R6 stuff tho... Setting Target AFR Tables (Also applies to Bazzaz) --> Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums - View Single Post - R6 FAQ, Fuel Controllers, Exhaust, Maps
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

No one runs fuel controllers here???

Hint - you have to ZIP the file to attach unless you save as txt and rename after download.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Vrrroooooom! POST your Tune Map, Bazzaz, PCIII, PCV - AutoTune, Z-AFM Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one is for the 06 FZ6, Two Bros Exhaust. CAT retained, PClll and K & N air filter.

The tuner did a brilliant job making the bike run very strong and still keeping within heathy A:F ratio. See attached map.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Motogiro; 07-27-2015 at 12:09 PM.
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

5. Thanks FinalImpact thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Motogiro View Post
    This one is for the 06 FZ6, Two Bros Exhaust. CAT retained, PClll and K & N air filter.

The tuner did a brilliant job making the bike run very strong and still keeping within heathy A:F ratio. See attached map.
    Now this I'm going to check out soon.

(Maybe come up with my own little variant in the future, but who knows)

7. Thanks Motogiro, FinalImpact thanked for this post
    FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

FWIW: I grabbed the Z-AFM auto logger. The wide-band O2 will take place of the narrow-band one into the ECM.

In short: You pick a target AFR and and it logs and averages the variance from target making a real world map once saved. IT DOES NOT - attempt to maintain target which seems pretty stupid. Basically you have to accept changes via PC and play in that arena.
    - In the ideal world, once you average the numbers out and run through a few iterations in your realm, it builds a map specific to your bike, mods, locale, fuel and all that.

Its not installed and weather is crap so it'll be while.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

9. Thanks Motogiro, ChanceCoats123 thanked for this post
    Moto Demi-God POST your Tune Map, Bazzaz, PCIII, PCV - AutoTune, Z-AFM Hellgate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

My map from 2008 is out here somewhere, I'm 99% sure.
    Pete

11. Thanks FinalImpact, mxgolf, Motogiro thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been asking around a bit and people don't seem to be replying to me all that often, so I'll post here in the hopes more forum goers will see it.

I'm trying to find a PC3 map that fixes the snatchy throttle, and RPM deadzones that I've seen get mentioned quite often, but at the same time something that doesn't cut down too much on the overall mileage of the bike. I'm really interested, and feel like it'd be beneficial for others too, in knowing how a person's particular maps have affected them. On that note, if anybody has a map that fixes the 'trouble' spots and still maintains good (if not better) mileage, I'd love to hear about it!

13. Thanks FinalImpact thanked for this post
    FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

^^ Per PM - I'm adding fuel across the board from TP = closed 0% to 5% and then backing it off a little at 10%.
    Bike has the ignition advanced and there is NO sign of hesitation on re-wet... It just pulls! Its Bazzaz and the maps don't transfer.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Moto Demi-God POST your Tune Map, Bazzaz, PCIII, PCV - AutoTune, Z-AFM Hellgate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Here's the plot from my map. Looks like the site will not take DJM file types. If a mod would change that I can hang the map.
    Last edited by Hellgate; 02-24-2015 at 06:31 PM.
    Pete

16. Thanks FinalImpact thanked for this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast