Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: POST your Tune Map, Bazzaz, PCIII, PCV - AutoTune, Z-AFM

I am running hellgates map on my all stock 07 now and it is definitely way better than the 04 map that power commander provides for download. My fuel efficiency went up roughly 40% and throttle response is much smoother.

FinalImpact (OP)
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalImpact View Post
    Just remember if you install new/used fuel controller; connect it to your PC and set/verify your TPS values SPECIFIC to your bike before running around town.
    ^^ Did you verify that? Its programmed to be in the middle and that may work. But its critical number at idle so be sure to check it and verify the top too (WOT), although not as critical from a driveability standpoint

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndBlue View Post
    I am running hellgates map on my all stock 07 now and it is definitely way better than the 04 map that power commander provides for download. My fuel efficiency went up roughly 40% and throttle response is much smoother.
    Last edited by FinalImpact; 03-27-2015 at 08:57 AM.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not verify that with this map but thanks for reminding me. I will do that today.

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Wording could be better on my part - map vs controller. When a controller is installed the TPS values need set. Those should be independent of the maps.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean the PCIII unit itself? That may never have been done by the p.o. it seemed pretty good when I did look at it initially though. It was 0 when closed and showed 5 on very little input. I didn't check WOT though. So you're saying if it is right now then I don't need to check it again of I switch to a different map?

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndBlue View Post
    You mean the PCIII unit itself? That may never have been done by the p.o. it seemed pretty good when I did look at it initially though. It was 0 when closed and showed 5 on very little input. I didn't check WOT though. So you're saying if it is right now then I don't need to check it again of I switch to a different map?
    Sorry - confused with a different bike. Thought you installed F/C...
    Reference is something like this (pic below), but this is NOT DJ, its from a Bazzaz unit. Slowly open and close the throttle, key on, PC connected and verify the TPS voltage reported to the Software Repeats the same value. Enter that value in the software for Fully Closed position. Its part of the PC install but should be verified.

"Read Closed" and "Read Open" calibration values.... The ECM and F/C need to be on the same page.

Does that make sense?
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The power commander has a slightly different way of reading (it gives some arbitrary value instead of a TPS voltage reading). You can reset the TPS values on the power commander III by plugging it in to your computer and choosing "Power Commander Tools -> Set Throttle Position". Keep the throttle completely closed, and chose to reset the values. It will set your zero point, and then open the throttle smoothly to WOT and it will set your max point.
    2004 FZ6 - Yamaha Blue, Naked Conversion - Buell Style, Two Brothers Aluminum Exhaust, Ming-moto Levers - Blue/Black, BD43 Dual Headlight Mod, Shogun Frame Sliders, R6 Fork and Caliper Conversion, 2003 R1 Rear Shock, Power Commander 3, Airbox mod, 5 Ignition Timing Advance, NGK Iridium Plugs

Coming Soon! Cat delete

8. Thanks FinalImpact thanked for this post
    FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceCoats123 View Post
    The power commander has a slightly different way of reading (it gives some arbitrary value instead of a TPS voltage reading). You can reset the TPS values on the power commander III by plugging it in to your computer and choosing "Power Commander Tools -> Set Throttle Position". Keep the throttle completely closed, and chose to reset the values. It will set your zero point, and then open the throttle smoothly to WOT and it will set your max point.
    Next time you visit your love, pop a DJ screen shot of the TPS method...
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Missed this thread from (( 2009 )) It has a few DJ Maps in it Most will be PC3 I suspect. Custom Power Commander maps

Added link to OP!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necropost, but here is the PC-V map EDR did for my bike.

Conditions of dyno tune:

Fuel: Chevron 91 octane
    Elevation: Approx. +185 feet/57 m
    Timing: STOCK
    Exhaust mod: Tiger US-800 dual carbon slip-ons
    Emissions mods: Pair valves (air injection) plugged

Output figures are below others I've seen posted here, and I'm told EDRs dyno overrates a tad, so I'm definitely going to be looking for improvement in the future. Uploader doesn't seem to want to let me upload a zip with the map file, so here's a screenshot of the relevant values in the table.

POST your Tune Map, Bazzaz, PCIII, PCV - AutoTune, Z-AFM-edr-tune-jpgPOST your Tune Map, Bazzaz, PCIII, PCV - AutoTune, Z-AFM-001-jpg

12. Likes FinalImpact liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast