Header
Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Home Gallery Forum Classified Ads Chat Links Reviews Memberships Games Site Info Shop

Go Back   Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum > FZ6 Related Discussion > FZ6 Mods

FZ6 Mods Lights, decals, paint, plates and wheels....What do you got? Seen? Want?

Old 05-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #201
Jman
Metamorphic

Bike: 2012 Z1000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,011 Times in 506 Posts
Jman is a splendid one to beholdJman is a splendid one to beholdJman is a splendid one to beholdJman is a splendid one to beholdJman is a splendid one to beholdJman is a splendid one to beholdJman is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Re: Leo Vince Install

Glad you joined the forum. It is a great place. I would certainly try the battery unplug for a couple of minutes. Hopefully, that will help. Had mine dyno'ed using DB killer, so have not tried riding without them. I would be curious to know how your bike would run with a tank of premium fuel. When my set came in, it seemed to run smoother with premium before it was dyno'ed.

Last edited by Jman; 05-21-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Jman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #202
RedBear

Bike: FZ6 S2
RedBear will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

k i will try the battery-unplugging.

In Belgium we have only choice in RON95 and 98 and i run on 95.
Since there are a few people here from Belgium, where should i go for a TB sync?

and if I'm going to buy some killers, should i look for NR32's for both of the cans?

Last edited by RedBear; 05-21-2012 at 05:31 AM.
RedBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #203
degake
Stop flashing!! G$*%#

Bike: 2005 FZ6-N
degake is just really nicedegake is just really nicedegake is just really nicedegake is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman View Post
I would be curious to know how your bike would run with a tank of premium fuel. When my set came in, it seemed to run smoother with premium before it was dyno'ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBear View Post
In Belgium we have only choice in RON95 and 98 and i run on 95.
I always run RON98 (and not the RON98 from "discount warehouses" (Makro/Metro etc.)) and my bike seemed to be running a bit smoother as well.

Quote:
Since there are a few people here from Belgium, where should i go for a TB sync?

and if I'm going to buy some killers, should i look for NR32's for both of the cans?
A TB-sync is so easy, you'd better do it yourself instead of paying some place to do it....

As for the dB-killers; it would help to see a picture of your actual exhaust, as there are different versions of Leo's (and they were all called "SBK EvoII :disapprove).
But, just to let you know: dB-killers will cost between 40-50, EACH.
For that price, I would buy myself a Carbtune and get the TB-sync done myself and enjoy the full sound of those exhaust pipes.
But maybe you could contact the previous owner, to see if he has the dB-killers somewhere?

Grtz,

Degake

" I have a 3.6 quarts of slightly used motor oil that I've drained from the bike. It is full synthetic and has been used for around 3,500 miles. There's still some mileage left! " - MisterX
degake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #204
RedBear

RedBear will become famous soon enough

Do u have a carbtune? Where do u live in Belgium?
RedBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #205
degake
Stop flashing!! G$*%#

Bike: 2005 FZ6-N
degake is just really nicedegake is just really nicedegake is just really nicedegake is just really nice

Quote:
Do u have a carbtune? Where do u live in Belgium?
I'm in Ghent..
No, I don't have a Carbtune anymore, as I've sold it.

You could go ask your local dealer to give you an estimate for syncing the throttle bodies
Or just buy a Carbtune from their website, use it, and sell it for nearly the same amount of cash you bought it for
Do you have a PCIII already? If not, check out this guy. He has a company that imports motorcycle, returns them to stock form, and sells all the aftermarket stuff for good prices....
I've got mine PCIII from him years ago, as well as a couple of shocks for various bikes

Grtz,

Degake

" I have a 3.6 quarts of slightly used motor oil that I've drained from the bike. It is full synthetic and has been used for around 3,500 miles. There's still some mileage left! " - MisterX
degake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #206
BjornR

BjornR is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I installed my Leovince SBK last year. One thing I'm still curious about is that in my 'T-pipe', the drilled hole in the connection to the left side can/ 90 degree pipe (seen from rear) is a lot smaller than the diameter of the pipe itself.

Perhaps hard to understand what I mean but, obviously there is a hole drilled in to the pipe and another piece of pipe is then welded on there to get the 'T' shape... This is the connection just before the 90 degree pipe which then connects to the can.

This restricts the exhaust flow to the left can...

Does anyone else know if it supposed to be that way?

Thanks
BjornR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #207
Dead_Rider

Bike: 2006 FZ6N Custom
Dead_Rider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BjornR View Post
Hi,

I installed my Leovince SBK last year. One thing I'm still curious about is that in my 'T-pipe', the drilled hole in the connection to the left side can/ 90 degree pipe (seen from rear) is a lot smaller than the diameter of the pipe itself.

Perhaps hard to understand what I mean but, obviously there is a hole drilled in to the pipe and another piece of pipe is then welded on there to get the 'T' shape... This is the connection just before the 90 degree pipe which then connects to the can.

This restricts the exhaust flow to the left can...

Does anyone else know if it supposed to be that way?

Thanks

It's supposed to be like that. Right can is main flow, left can is runoff/secondary.
Dead_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #208
BjornR

BjornR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Rider View Post
It's supposed to be like that. Right can is main flow, left can is runoff/secondary.
Okay thanks.

Well I got suspicious on that because at perhaps 65-70mph / 110-120km/h on 6th gear (different speed on other gears, but roughly the same rpms which iI do not remember right now but anyway) the exhaust noise gets a little bit different. I would best describe the sound like pulses or something simular to that. On higher/lower rpm's / higher/lower speeds it disappears...

So for a while there I thought that pulse sound appeared due to that small hole and that it was a manufacturing miss...

Is it the same on your bike? It's kind of disturbing since you would think that something is going on, but I have tested different PC IV maps and there is no change. DB killers are installed.

Regards

Last edited by BjornR; 05-24-2012 at 03:13 PM.
BjornR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #209
Darken Dioxen

Bike: '07 FZ6
Darken Dioxen will become famous soon enoughDarken Dioxen will become famous soon enough

Thank you for the post...MOST helpful I installed my Leo's last weekend, only took about 4 hours...with beer breaks.

The only part that was A LOT of trouble i had was how to setup the new "y" bracket that supports the fender and plate...nothing seemed to fit perfectly, and I was never very good at puzzles. But I finally got it together, not like this is a structural part of the bike so no worries.

LOVE the sound, perfect for what I was looking for, better tone, and a little warning bark for the cagers during my commute!

Thanks again!
Darken Dioxen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darken Dioxen For This Useful Post:
Erci (05-30-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 03:16 AM   #210
suuzzie

Bike: FZ6 S2 2010
suuzzie has a spectacular aura aboutsuuzzie has a spectacular aura about

I made a pdf, so everyone can print it. And take it to the garage.
Hope you like it! Thank Jman for the instructions...
Attached Thumbnails
leovince install.pdf  
suuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suuzzie For This Useful Post:
Darken Dioxen (06-19-2012)