Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    twobob1 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aftermarket levers

I really like these levers, can someone tell me how easy/hard they are to fit?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZ....c100005.m1851

and would you get those or these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-FZ...kAAOSwNRdX2-rX
    Last edited by twobob1; 02-13-2018 at 03:05 AM.

Senior Member aftermarket levers zixaq's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: aftermarket levers

If you get the cheap china knockoff levers, be very careful when you mount them that they fit correctly. I've heard several stories of an incorrectly fitted aftermarket brake lever keeping the front brake slightly engaged.

I have cheap china knockoff levers and have no problem with them, but others have. They're a little sloppier than the fancypants expensive ones, but still a lot better than stock (for me).

3. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Go Naked- Its liberating aftermarket levers agf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobob1 View Post
    I really like these levers, can someone tell me how easy/hard they are to fit?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZ....c100005.m1851

and would you get those or these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-FZ...kAAOSwNRdX2-rX
    The levers are a breeze to fit. I bought some “supposedly engraved” levers a few years back, but they were only screen printed and not very well. I replaced them with JPR racing levers which had a build quality similar to Rizoma very very happy with their product and service.
    Welcome to JPR Performance, manufacturer of motorcycle accessories made with the high quality that riders demand, and prices to suit their budgets.

Check other brands before you commit.
    There is a brand “Two Wheels”, chinese machined levers that are cheap, work ok but the anodising tends to fade- I guess you get what you pay for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by agf; 02-13-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    cheers
    Adrian

MODS:
    Delkovics, OGGY KNOBS, tank protector, rim tape, Sharkskin grip buddies, FAZR6's decals & FE, swingarm plugs, HVMP Bar-Ends, AMHeadlight Protector, BEOWULF Rad Guard, Stebel horn, HEALTECH Gear ind., tender wiring, HEL s/s brake lines, JPR Levers, KN's clutch mod, custom seat, oso2k rearsets, townsendFJR1300's lock bracket, Barkbusters, carbon front fender extender, https://www.facebook.com/adrian.flint1

5. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    twobob1 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not (supposedly) planning to do much to my bike so I may as well heed your advice and go for a known brand. Will check them out thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had bad luck with eBay levers, especially the brake side.
    Lifelong student of motorcycling. Current bikes: Naked '05 FZ6, LS650 Café Racer, DRZ400 Street Tracker

8. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Many moons ago I put on the top of the line levers (forgot the brand but big $'s).

Looked and worked great BUT they had squareish edges (where your fingers would pull) which the OEM levers are much more rounded.

Somewhat uncomfortable (for me) when pulling in the lever(s)..

Couldn't stand them and went back to the stock levers...
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

I bought some of the "two wheel" levers, regular and got a pair of shorty ones from a member here and have had 0 issues with them over last 3-4 years. Used the regular ones for a very short time but do love the shorty ones, no fading yet but won't be upset if they do for the price they cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought some very cheap mzs levers on Amazon for $20. The short ones are like $40, I got the long ones as my hands are huge and can't fit my fingers on the small ones.. anyway they had great review and I like the fact they are ajudtible as I like very short clutch engagement release.. they work good for me and I love the color.

Here is the link to the short ones... the one I gorlt they do not even sale anymore.. I guess most like the short ones.. haha

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01C5...BeL&ref=plSrch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got some cheap eBay levers like that. Fit and work well. They were gloss black when I got them but quickly turned gold from the sun. Match my gold chain now.